What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the rules!

Sitting in the NO airport for a quick up and down to Houston, then on to San Francisco. Dinner tonite at Bistro Jeanty, first wineries tomorrow, Del Dotto in the AM, followed by "The Ultimate Cab Experience" at Hall Winery in the afternoon. Very thirsty......

internet-memes-joseph-ducreux-pics.jpg

You know the rules!

LOL, yes, I know the rules! Skipped the boring travel photos, but missed the Bistro Jeanty opportunity last nite, blame it on travel fatigue. Incredible meal, foie gras and salmon appetizers, rack of lamb and filet au poivre entrees for the wife and I, all chased down with Ghost Block 2013 Estate Cab, simply awesome. A little sambuca / coffee bean after dinner, and a sound night of sleep. I'll try to improve my collection of evidence........

heading to NC with ffemt to trim some muscadine vines this weekend. Blended Niagara and concord to make our blush last night, and bottled 7 cases of our Colonel Bouquet (Niagara, concord, Fredonia).

78 degrees in Pittsburgh today, with snow showers tomorrow evening....

78 degrees in Pittsburgh today, with snow showers tomorrow evening....

71F in Milwaukee yesterday, which was not only a record high for that date, and a record high for February, it was an all-time record high for meteorological winter (Dec. 1 to March 1) here.

Then, thunderstorms with hail overnight, and today, it is 35 F and raining, and still dropping in temperature. :rn

71F in Milwaukee yesterday, which was not only a record high for that date, and a record high for February, it was an all-time record high for meteorological winter (Dec. 1 to March 1) here.

Then, thunderstorms with hail overnight, and today, it is 35 F and raining, and still dropping in temperature. :rn

Screw this, we are heading south for the weekend to trim grape vines. We will deal with the cold weather next week when it will be almost 60 then snow. Wine show in Johnstown next weekend....

5+ mile run at mid-day - a hot 75 degrees. Then helped the flooring guys move all the furniture back. We are all done now, aside from a final walkthrough and just a couple items to clean up on the walls after the flooring install. I finally have my house back and am kicking back with a chocolate bock and watching my Villanova Wildcats. The house is quiet and I feel a nap might be coming on... :sl

5+ mile run at mid-day - a hot 75 degrees. Then helped the flooring guys move all the furniture back. We are all done now, aside from a final walkthrough and just a couple items to clean up on the walls after the flooring install. I finally have my house back and am kicking back with a chocolate bock and watching my Villanova Wildcats. The house is quiet and I feel a nap might be coming on... :sl

I ran a slow 5 this morning at 8:30 with temps at low 70's here in Ga. I usually run before daylight. I can't take the heat.

I ran a slow 5 this morning at 8:30 with temps at low 70's here in Ga. I usually run before daylight. I can't take the heat.

I was reminded today how much I like the low 50's. :h

My 5 was slow too. I'm trying to work back up to 10 for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler on April 2nd. I'm behind, but I'll get there. Winter is tough - had a much easier time getting ready for the Army 10 Miler in the fall, even despite an injury a few weeks before that event. I have a hard time staying consistent, and plopping a 10 miler out there gets me to go beyond what I normally want to do, and keeps me running consistently.

My ideal run is 3-4 miles. I set a goal on the Army run of a 10 minute pace. Ended up finishing at 9:36, so I was thrilled. So far, I'm much slower than that pace. So maybe 10 minutes is a good target for early spring. I figure this will be a great starting point to beat my pace in the fall when I (hopefully) do the Army run again. Today was 9:52, so I have some work to do.

Snowing again today so I plan to rack the 2016 reds. After that down to the shop to work on a new dining room table. I need to prune but just can't get motivated to do it in a foot of snow. Of course I could just chuck it all and go skiing I suppose::

IMG_3935.jpg

Ran the Chick fil a Road Race 8k this morning in my old home town. An unexpected and best part was that the route went through the neighborhood where I grew up and right by my old house. Lots of good memories as I ran past. A good day indeed.ImageUploadedByWine Making1488653448.102734.jpg

Meeting up with a few of my HS friends, as well as my sisters and some of their HS friends to go see "The Reagan Years", an 80s band. Should be an interesting evening. :r

started off the week in Atlanta and now in Spartanburg and its on to Charlotte and then to Raleigh. A southern states run to check out some of the paint stores and hopefully stop in at winery or 2. Home on Friday early to do some more bottling for another show on Saturday night, then off to Florida for a work conference.

1) Cut up ~30 pounds of banana to freze and later use for banana wine. - done this Am!
2) Stabilize, degas, etc. WE California Moscato. - done this AM!
3) Bottle Island Mist Coconut Yuzu. - after lunch and a break.

Update...
Task 3 completed and with a little Coconut Yuzu left over for wife and I to sample tonight! This is my first making of a mist type wine. This is a tweaked version with sugar and frozen white grape juice concentrate added - ~9-10% ABV.

I'm usually not this ambitious (I'm retired by the way) but am trying to clear the decks because we're picking up our new puppy tomorrow.

IMAG0567[1].jpg

IMAG0568[1].jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back