What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for 12-18" of snow to arrive beginning Monday night. :snw

Well, the initial panic has subsided. It seems everyone went out an got a month's worth of milk, bread and toilet paper yesterday. So the forecast has been revised to 5-10".

Well, the initial panic has subsided. It seems everyone went out an got a month's worth of milk, bread and toilet paper yesterday. So the forecast has been revised to 5-10".

Our "average" forecast is for a foot of snow. Kids will be home, I can go to work early, and should have a cleared driveway when I get home (if not, the kids don't eat that night). See, I've become a troll without my beer and wine. I'll miss enjoying a beer as I watch them shovel, guess I'll have two free hands and will have to help out.

edit: I guess they just made it an official warning for 10-18 inches, drats. Local weathermen/women have it going into the 20+ inch range, and they usually have a good feel for it if they've been around these parts for a while. I really don't want to deal with this, I would handle it better if I could have a drink :h

Last edited:
Spent about an hour this afternoon sifting through wine boxes and restocking the wine rack. Also stocked the basement fridge with some wines. Mrs. Boatboy is having some of the neighborhood ladies over tomorrow for the finale of "The Bachelor" (my worst nightmare of a show). Lot's of long 'A's in the fridge now for the ladies: Viognier, Chardonnay, Rose... :D

Shoveling, food prep and bottled my brothers pinot grigio batch. He paid for the juice bucket, yeast, Opti white, corks and supplied the bottles (his wife likes the 1.5L ones, doesn't have to bother with opening that second bottle, it might interrupt her drinking). If my stamina holds out may rack a few more wines tonight (just racked a chardonnay that will be my Mom's b-day present at the end of June) and hope that the expected high winds don't knock the power out.

3-14-17_Steves-pg.jpg

You guys will get the last laugh next month when we are on.......

585882501200008310ef0409.jpeg

you know you are not making a lot of people happy with that post! :(

I am going to climb a tall building, over and over.

This is a charity event for the American Lung Assoc. It is one of these event where you climb the stairs of a tall building to raise money for ALA. Our building is only 47 floors, but I signed up for the deal where you can climb it as many times as you can in an hour. My "partner in climb" thinks we can do it 4x, but I am thinking 3. (We did 3x last year, and I could have done 4, but not feeling so hot today.)

I am going to climb a tall building, over and over.

This is a charity event for the American Lung Assoc. It is one of these event where you climb the stairs of a tall building to raise money for ALA. Our building is only 47 floors, but I signed up for the deal where you can climb it as many times as you can in an hour. My "partner in climb" thinks we can do it 4x, but I am thinking 3. (We did 3x last year, and I could have done 4, but not feeling so hot today.)

You go, Paul!

A few errands this morning, then an 8 mile run. After that, I'll watch my Villanova Wildcats play Wisconsin ( @sour_grapes ), then finish racking the horse piss, er I mean Chileans from the garage.

Last edited:
A few errands this morning, then an 8 mile run. After that, I'll watch my Villanova Wildcats play Wisconsin ( @sour_grapes ), then finish racking the horse piss, er I mean Chileans from the garage.

Actually, I'd be rooting for the 'Cats in that one! I am from the Philly area originally, and have siblings who are 'Nova alums. :db

Just finished planting the last of the garden, green beans, tomatoes (cherry, creole and better boy), cucumber, squash, eggplant, and basil. Quick shower and I'm off to the wine room to rack the carboys of Lanza Cab 169 and Petit Syrah, Koch is still in barrel. Definitely plan on lots of taste testing......

Actually, I'd be rooting for the 'Cats in that one! I am from the Philly area originally, and have siblings who are 'Nova alums. :db

Well, ouch!

Well, ouch!

Ouch indeed.

I have two younger sisters, one was at VU with me, the other went to Mt. St. Mary's. I really thought we were going to lose to Mt. St. Mary's the other night and have to listen to her talk trash forever. We woke up in that game, but never did today. Two pretty bad games by VU - we deserve to go home.

Latest posts

Back