What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stuck in North Dallas for 3 days. Any Local Dallas winemakers want to host a wayward winemaker and let him drink your wine???

Hey Hokapsig sorry we missed your post, are you still here? When do you leave?
We hope that you got to go to Grapevine to taste some Texas wines.

Anyone know of a store that sells Hawaiian shirts with grapes on them? I need to find some unique Christmas presents...

https://www.shelfies.com/products/mixed-grapes-short-sleeve-button-down-shirt

short-sleeve-button-shirts-mixed-grapes-short-sleeve-button-down-shirt-2_1024x1024.jpg

Hey Hokapsig sorry we missed your post, are you still here? When do you leave?
We hope that you got to go to Grapevine to taste some Texas wines.

I think I drove through grapevine, but didn't get to see a winery. But then again, I have no idea WHERE I was these days. I was in Frisco, Arlington, Dallas, Carrollton and stayed in a place that started with an A near Carrollton. I did try to look around, but a wine store in Texas is coded as a winery....

But I am sorry that I missed some Mustang Grape wine. I'm sure I'll be back. I have some problem children/locations in this area that I will need to check on.....

I think I drove through grapevine, but didn't get to see a winery. But then again, I have no idea WHERE I was these days. I was in Frisco, Arlington, Dallas, Carrollton and stayed in a place that started with an A near Carrollton. I did try to look around, but a wine store in Texas is coded as a winery....

But I am sorry that I missed some Mustang Grape wine. I'm sure I'll be back. I have some problem children/locations in this area that I will need to check on.....

In Grapevine there is only 1 winery at the very south end of town, if you went down Main street you should have seen all of the tasting rooms and we are members of a couple of those and we can get friends free tastings.

We have only been in this venture for a few years now and haven't made any mustang wine yet, haven't found source of the grapes yet. But next time you are in the area PM me and we can meet in Grapevine to do some tastings.

TXWineDuo

Putting up the tree, family photos, maybe a run. Hopefully watching a little football and perhaps a nice, slow cooked pot roast for dinner.

scrubbing our new, used VC tanks so that we can start racking and blending our PA wines. We will get up early on Saturday morning and pick up our drum of Malbec and one of Merlot. Meanwhile, we did a tasting at the local bakery last night and have a tasting at a Girls Night Out on Saturday evening.

Yesterday we went to Arthur Ave in the Bronx. Shopped for fresh lasagna noodles, cheese more cheese just a little more cheese and lots of soppressata!
Once home made lasagna with friends and poured plenty of wine.
Perfect evening friends, food, wine roaring fire. What a day!

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

Yesterday we went to Arthur Ave in the Bronx. Shopped for fresh lasagna noodles, cheese more cheese just a little more cheese and lots of soppressata!
Once home made lasagna with friends and poured plenty of wine.
Perfect evening friends, food, wine roaring fire. What a day!

Food looks great!! The 2012 Caymus is a stud, I had a few in the cellar, hanging on for a few more years after drinking the first two, but they perished a few weeks ago when I had some folks over.

Food looks great!! The 2012 Caymus is a stud, I had a few in the cellar, hanging on for a few more years after drinking the first two, but they perished a few weeks ago when I had some folks over.
Caymus was my favorite. I had a bottle couple years ago wish I bought more. Though our friends who we shared dinner with has 11 more!

Caymus was my favorite. I had a bottle couple years ago wish I bought more. Though our friends who we shared dinner with has 11 more!

Wow, he's got a good supply for sure! Had 6 bottles I got for 75 or 80 a bottle, doubt you could touch them for twice that now. My notes say that one was a Robert Parker 96, hope you get to "share" a few more with them!!

Wow, he's got a good supply for sure! Had 6 bottles I got for 75 or 80 a bottle, doubt you could touch them for twice that now. My notes say that one was a Robert Parker 96, hope you get to "share" a few more with them!!

I have a Caymus in the cellar for my 32nd anniversary on Thursday!

Picked up 60 gal of Malbec and 60 of Merlot, racked 70 gallons of Cabernet and 40 gallons of our Battlefield blush (concord/Niagara blend). Will be bench testing the Diamond and have to melt down the candy canes for the Candy Cane wine for 2017.

I still have four 300 liter tanks to clean and sanitize, along with two 60 gallon drums and two 70 gallon flex tanks. I hate cleaning tanks....

Latest posts

Back