What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, every family has at least one lose wingnut.

I seem to have become nocturnal since the baby was born. As long as I can keep him sleeping mommy can get some rest.

And they say partying through college was a waste of time. It sure prepared me for this whole parenthood thing. Lol

Good on ya! My husband was a Saint with our first. He would be up with me for every feeding, bringing water, rocking her back to sleep, the whole works. Great Daddies make for happy Mommies! I couldn't have done it without him.

FINALLY got done scanning those photos. There was 1,533 of them. I am EXHAUSTED! I've never been so happy to be good looking, because I scanned A LOT of fugly faces.

Either way, I'm done, and my mom and dad brought me a Valentine's day gift! A Brand New Large Primary! I'm so relieved that they are finally approving of me making wine. They really didn't approve at first. And thanks Danger Dave (again) for dreaming up the Dragon Blood, they changed their mind about my hobby quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry after tasting it. Can't wait to break this puppy in!

WP_000531.jpg

IKR! They found these at the local peddler's Mall for $10 each! Just a quick browse it looks like they go for about $50. I'm totally going to go buy some more.

Sorry Paul, I giggled, but didn't know if anyone else would... In any case, Go??? I done went!

Okay Tom, I'll back that claim. Here's a pic: I don't mind sharing my pics... I tend to think positively of my self image. More on Facebook if you happen to be curious.

19577_100531909979239_2077976_n.jpg

a
IKR! They found these at the local peddler's Mall for $10 each! Just a quick browse it looks like they go for about $50. I'm totally going to go buy some more.

saw this post so u don't have to answer my question on the other thread!

Either way, I'm done, and my mom and dad brought me a Valentine's day gift! A Brand New Large Primary! . Can't wait to break this puppy in!

Are you sure this is food grade? What was originally in it? I ask this because I just picked up 30 plastic 50 gallon drums from Welches and I had to be careful which ones I took. The light blue drums were food grade and the dark blue were not. There was only a shade difference in color.

My soon to 4 year old was up all night puking with the stomach bug.
So all my planned racking is on hold!
I am instead occupying my son and puppy to keep the downstairs and away from my daughter who Is quarantined upstairs.
Been up since 6 am,
Watched USA vs Russia hockey while drinking lots of coffee!
Taken son and puppy for long walks during intermission.
Cooked eggs, cleaned dog poop!
And it is only 10 am!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am going to the big yellow-and-blue store! I suppose I will have Swedish meatballs for lunch.
ikea-meatballs-return-960.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I love to hate that store! Actually I go about once every 2-3 years and thats enough for me. There is one about 150 miles south of me in Pittsburgh. I have to admit they really do have it together. Instructions are all pictures to avoid language barriers and ready made cardboard roof racks to help you get your purchase home. The foot path they have going through the store is an absolute necessity in order to see everything.

Are you sure this is food grade? What was originally in it? I ask this because I just picked up 30 plastic 50 gallon drums from Welches and I had to be careful which ones I took. The light blue drums were food grade and the dark blue were not. There was only a shade difference in color.

They are HDPE 2 so, I assume so. Just called the seller and it originally had limestone rock in it. Really? A barrel of rocks??? It was clean when I got it, and I've cleaned it even more thoroughly.

Last edited:
cleaning somemore kijiji brewing gear. got a 3gal italian carboy, 4 bungs, 4 airlocks, a bottle drying tree and a super automatic bottle filler for a song and a dance.

i actually think i may have developed a problem with purchasing gear. i cant stop, i've got my spare bedroom (brewery lol) full of almost everything!

Grrrrr the inlaws have invaded my house and refuse to leave. I'm starting to think a small fire is in order to smoke them out. I'm also willing to bet they hit me up for wine before they leave. I'm starting to think a bottle or two is a fair price for there exodus

Plowboy, best thing I have done was marry someone who grew up about 14 hours away from where I grew up. My wife is from just north of Detroit as is her family so my in laws make it down very rarely :). That being said my father in law is very cool but my mother in law…. oh boy….

My wife and I were starting a weanling horse (Holsteiner jumper) with ground work ( leading and standing) and working on one of our 2 year old dressage filly's in the round pen. just for fun here is our web site. www.covespringsfarm.com

Last edited:
Nice website and horses :) I have a few myself. I have 1 beautiful chestnut TB mare, a lovely TB/Trakehner dark bay gelding and 1 jet black Canadian horse mare. Just another horse nut lol! We have a 50 acre farm and I used to compete in the hunters and then got bit by the dressage bug lol! I focus on the classical seat/training intermingled with some natural horsemanship stuff and natural horse care.

Have fun with your babies! They're cute! I tried three times to breed my lovely TB mare to a nice Trakehner stallion but sadly she did not catch she is too old now. Her dam put out some stunning Swedish WBs. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be for her! Maybe one day I'll get a baby out of a nice mare but I don't see that anytime soon.

Take care :)

Latest posts

Back