What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to take it easy after the SCARIEST ride in history last night! We went to Louisville to the Kings of Leon concert. When we got out, the roads were covered in snow. In some places there were no tracks to follow and you didn't know what lane you were in. This didn't stop semi trucks and other stupid people from speeding past in NO LANES! There were tons of cars off the road, including police cars! I'm a skittish driver at night to begin with, particularly in hazardous conditions, rain/snow. Thank God my hubby was driving and not me, I was TERRIFIED!

Spending my evening sipping on Dragon Blood (LOVE THIS STUFF!) and working on a DIY bottle drying tree. It should be done tomorrow, but I ran out of tubing. Either way, I'm already pretty impressed with it. holds 65 bottles for the whopping cost of under $3! Yeh, that's how I roll.

Driving in the snow is always a hoot.

I've spent the first part of the morning with my butt on the couch with the little one watching curling. Can't complain too much, so far all he does is eat and sleep. A well behaved baby to say the least

LMAO Dan, I'll get pics today, I plan on cleaning a few more cases, it is a self contained unit with an all house filter attached making sure the cleaner and/or sanitizer stays clean.

Hey, I'd be interested in that! Can you share pictures?

Had:
1 Christmas tree stand
Leftover 3inch PVC
7/16 tubing
64 3inch nails
tube of caulk
several bamboo skewers

had to buy 6 ft more 7/16 tubing, cost 2.41.

Screwed the pipe into the tree holder
screwed in 8 screws each layer, 3 inches apart an an angle into the PVC
cut 64x 4inch bits of tubing, stuck in about 3x1inch pieces of bamboo skewer to reinforce
filled each piece of tube about 1 inch with caulk then fit it over the screw down to the pipe.

Done for the most part, and it will catch all the liquid, so less messy. I would definitely call this "redneck ingenuity" but it works so I'll use it.

WP_000528.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pix. I must be totally dense. I cannot figure out what the "7/16 inch tubing" is that supports the bottles.

Wait, never mind. It is vinyl tubing, filled with caulk, and reinforced with bamboo. Amiright?

Yes, you are right. the7/16 inch tubing hold the bottle. It's filled with bits of bamboo and caulk for support and it's being held on by a screw in the PVC pipe.

Plus I can unscrew the tree part from the base for cleaning and storage. That's kind of handy.

I'm all about creative ways of doing things on the cheap Paul, hence the DWV hanger wall wine rack! I try to never buy anything that I can't make. I love playing with materials from Lowes, particularly PVC pipe! I haven't purchased laundry detergent or body wash in YEARS as I can make it for usually 1/5th the cost. I think my greatest accomplishment as far as being creative was for our wedding, I wanted a photo booth, but it cost WAAAAYYY TOO MUCH, so I built one! People started calling us about renting it, now we have 4 units that we rent. Being creative has become a tangible source of income. Like I said... how I roll.... all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Waiting and watching...the snowman cometh tonight!:>:snw
They have delayed tomorrows workday till 10:00am.
...but it's not supposed to stop snowing till the afternoon :slp

Last edited:
Helped a friend start his first kit. RJS Winery Super Tuscan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

Snow day! Got about 9 or ten inches on the ground and it's still coming down hard. I just pitched the yeast on my Torrontes. Making chili for dinner tonight. Maybe some fresh bread to go with it. I guess there's probably some shoveling in my future too...

Snow day! Got about 9 or ten inches on the ground and it's still coming down hard. I just pitched the yeast on my Torrontes. Making chili for dinner tonight. Maybe some fresh bread to go with it. I guess there's probably some shoveling in my future too...

Life outside my window

image.jpg

Welcome to my world! You guys should be buying snow plow and removal equipment from us up north :D

Snow is fun just not for a solid 5 months long! My opinion is that it should stick around just until after New Years. Then the sun should come out and melt it all away so we can begin gardening again! That would be my ideal world!

Wee Man had a bad fall at daycare yesterday morning, right on to the corner of a table. Ended up taking him to Children's Emergency to get checked out. They believe he has a minor concussion - but apparently it's difficult to tell on kids as young has him. We're to keep a close eye on him and try not to let him bonk his head again for a couple of days.

Poor little guy.

Ah poor guy! I remember the days of youngsters! I hope he feels better soon! That reminds me of one day my eldest daughter ran into another kid in gym class and they both had to go to emerg! She had to see the dentist because she lost a tooth - he was there too because they had to extract her tooth out of his head! Lol thank gosh it was just a baby tooth!

Thus far today I have scanned a little over 500 photos for my step-grandmother whom I DESPISE! I have at least 800 more to go. Might I mention, out of all these photos, I have found 1 of my 2 boys and NOT ONE of me, my husband or daughter. I really hate this hag right now! If it weren't that this was for her mom for her 100th B-Day party, I'd shove this HUGE bag of photos ... ya know where. At least this will make my job easier when they ask for memorial videos for funerals (as I ALWAYS have to do those.)

Sometimes I think it doesn't pay to be smart or nice. Perhaps If I was an idiot drug addict like HER family, I wouldn't have to do all this crap!

Sorry bout the rant.

P.S. The only thing keeping me from going bat-crap-crazy right now is the cold glass of DB and knowing that when I get at least to the halfway point, I can get totally hammered! YAY!

No worries, every family has at least one lose wingnut.

I seem to have become nocturnal since the baby was born. As long as I can keep him sleeping mommy can get some rest.

And they say partying through college was a waste of time. It sure prepared me for this whole parenthood thing. Lol

No worries, every family has at least one lose wingnut.

I seem to have become nocturnal since the baby was born. As long as I can keep him sleeping mommy can get some rest.

And they say partying through college was a waste of time. It sure prepared me for this whole parenthood thing. Lol

Aw good Dad - better hubby! I didn't get much sleep with my first, only he got sleep sheesh. He's long gone though!

Latest posts

Back