What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taxes, domestic stuff and a little racking in the lab. Last night, I racked my EP Pinot noir out of cold stabilization. Three weeks in the garage dropped quite a lot of diamonds. I also racked my Petit Sirah (from grapes) and Malbec (juice bucket). Today, I'll get the Yakima Syrah stabilized and move the Carmenere out of the barrel.

Right now, I'm doing a restore on my old 32g iPhone 3GS. Getting ready to throw it on eBay. It's unlocked - if you're interested, PM me. :D

Last edited:
fished yesterday about 1 hour, not one keeper...Going to day again, when the tides change..
Playing at the farm...checking mustang grapes, and blackberrys, and staking out a fence for my garden.

fished yesterday about 1 hour, not one keeper...Going to day again, when the tides change..
Playing at the farm...checking mustang grapes, and blackberrys, and staking out a fence for my garden.

I get so jealous reading about fishing and gardening! I'm still up to my eyeballs in snow and ice and I think we're getting another 15cms this weekend. Blah! Want to go play in my garden! I'll do some racking instead!

Last night had a glass of beer while watching a few movies - fine. Had a few glasses of wine - fine. Had a few glasses of dragon blood - not fine! Work up on the couch at 3:30am! That stuff should be called Lights Out juice. Or Sweet Dreams - hey I think I'm on to something!

Moved my family to my mom and dads. My water lines are frozen outside under the street tired of winter!!!!!!

Jim

Bottled 18 gallons of various dragonblood..with some help from a couple of friends...tried to go fishing, never made it.
Now having a cc and coke...thinking about whats for dinner.

Brought my Amarone out of cold stabilization. Racked pear, boy is it dropping some crud. Racked 15 gallons of Apple and 14 gallons of blueberry dragons blood to secondary. I Fermented both down in my basement sitting on concrete. It is chilly (64f) down there and they both Fermented down to 0.996 in six days. The both taste like they might be really good in a bit.

Finally racked 6 gallons of Easy Peesy into glass. My bottles which had been sanitizing in the garage were a 15 gallon ice cube, but are now melting and will be ready for rinsing and drying on the bottle tree. Looking forward to the Chilean class in Erie this weekend and hope to make a quick side trip to Walker's for some juice.

Off to work in DC tomorrow.

Moved my family to my mom and dads. My water lines are frozen outside under the street tired of winter!!!!!!

Jim

Sorry to hear that! Hope the situation clears up quickly! Four years back we had to send our daughter to the neighbor's to sleep on a school night, thankfully their daughter was her friend and went to the same school. Our furnace crapped out after hours and we live in a rural area - couldn't get repair guy in right away.

Sat in the kitchen with winter coats on and oven on with door open and lots of wine to keep warm!

I had INTENDED to go to the LHBS, but my obnoxious sister in law decided she needed to invite herself, my brother, and 3 of her 4 obnoxious kids to visit, even though they nor my brother have EVER visted me. I talked to her at 3PM and told her I needed to be in Lexington (45 minutes away) by 8PM. She shows up at 6:30 and didn't leave til about 8:30 PM. GRRRRRR! :po

She is soooo brazen! Asking me to fix her daughter's computer for free, telling me she NEEDS to try some wines (to which she was VERY vocal about what she didn't like), and INSISTING I give her a bottle of Dragon Blood, then trying to pawn her kids off on me!

I don't mind sharing, but she ruined my plans for the entire day. Plus she reneged on a deal we had made. I'd be in a completely foul mood had I not been able to at least go to Wal-Mart and buy a few items for what I'm planning to start up this week. Oh but wait, I ran into them there and she tried to pawn kids off on me AGAIN!

At least my hubby will be home son, and we can sip and cuddle.

Last edited:
WTF yesterday it rained all day and was warm so I looked forward to letting the dogs out this morning hoping all the snow would be melted. SOB it must have started snowing after midnight and we got about 5" of real heavy wet snow. It took twice as long to blow it out of the driveway being so heavy but I wanted to clear it before it got really cold and froze. Temperature is still about 31°. This week it's going back into the teens and the snow is still coming down.

man oh man...do you get cabin fever up there.
Smoking some ribs and a brisket for super bowl..
Was suppose to go to farm yesterday, but got busy bottling...might go to the farm today..
Gooooooooooooooooo Denverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Brought my Amarone out of cold stabilization. Racked pear, boy is it dropping some crud. Racked 15 gallons of Apple and 14 gallons of blueberry dragons blood to secondary. I Fermented both down in my basement sitting on concrete. It is chilly (64f) down there and they both Fermented down to 0.996 in six days. The both taste like they might be really good in a bit.

Wow, that was fast. Nothing I ferment finishes that fast. I'm on day 31 of my skittles brew and its still in the 1.015 range. Slowly but surely it's getting there but I'm going nuts in the process

WTF yesterday it rained all day and was warm so I looked forward to letting the dogs out this morning hoping all the snow would be melted. SOB it must have started snowing after midnight and we got about 5" of real heavy wet snow. It took twice as long to blow it out of the driveway being so heavy but I wanted to clear it before it got really cold and froze. Temperature is still about 31°. This week it's going back into the teens and the snow is still coming down.

we had rain this morning and turned everything to ice!. Hopefully it all melt out of the driveway before the temps start to drop later this afternoon.

Yeah my driveway had about 2-3" of hard packed snow in it and much it it melted from all the rain yesterday. Then we got blasted with a bunch of snow after midnight (heavy and wet) and the temps are still warm. Luckily it quit snowing after I cleaned the driveway this morning, so I'm good now even when the temp does drop.

Right now I'm bottling 5 gallons of California Chardonnay and 24 gallons of California Merlot from 2012. I'll work on the labels while watching the stupid bowl.

Back