What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working in DC today, dreading the drive home tonight. Hope that Penn DOT and MDOT keep the roads in good shape. It was just sprinkling rain when I left this morning.

Boat, the guys here tell me DC may get 24 to 30 inches this week with the storm coming in. Stock up on TP and milk and let it snow....

Yeah my driveway had about 2-3" of hard packed snow in it and much it it melted from all the rain yesterday. Then we got blasted with a bunch of snow after midnight (heavy and wet) and the temps are still warm. Luckily it quit snowing after I cleaned the driveway this morning, so I'm good now even when the temp does drop.

I know what you mean. My driveway glacier finally melted today with a little help from me. I just hope it stays that way for a while.

Watched my husband FINALLY make a batch of beer. He hasn't done any for about three years. And I got Pumpkinman's beer grain bread recipe and I am currently waiting for it to raise to put in the oven. The dough itself smells good!

Went for the weekend to visit the Sea Caves at Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. It was awesome -- just got back.
2007-1511.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the entire weekend painting at the Church again. Will be the same this coming weekend. Friday, Saturday and probably Sunday after services..

President's Day, I'll be home by myself so I plan on racking the Chilean Reds again to get off the additional Oak I added. Should be a fun fill day in the cellar..

My Rj 2013 Cab/Shiraz kit arrived yesterday. I am picking up frozen crushed barbera d alba grapes with frozen juice today (Vino Superiore) and I ordered blackberry purée to make my first non grape fruit wine following Julie's' recommendations. The rest of January and February will be busy. Soon I will have 50 gallons of wine aging since beginning this hobby last August and I have yet to bottle and taste the fruits of my labor. I bottle WE Sauvignon Blanc and WE Pinot Gris in about 6 weeks. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Well labor is taking its sweet time. Progress is slow to say the least.

The skittles brew also seems to be suck at 1,026 for a day or two now. I added a little yeast nutrient and bumped the temp up a hair. Hopefully it starts moving again today.

And in other news, did my first trigger job today too. That sks is smooth as silk now. It's no match trigger but it's a step in the right direction.

Spent the entire weekend painting at the Church again. Will be the same this coming weekend. Friday, Saturday and probably Sunday after services..

President's Day, I'll be home by myself so I plan on racking the Chilean Reds again to get off the additional Oak I added. Should be a fun fill day in the cellar..

Doug, I may be in Carnegie for a couple of hours on President's day. I may just invite myself in for a glass or two since I'm in the neighborhood...

Oh awesome! Congrats to you plowboy! Your life will never be the same! But in a good way! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever." - Aristophanes

Back