What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I washed and removed labels from a million wine bottles for reuse!! :w
OK...OK, not really a million. Maybe three cases. Felt like a million!!

heading down to the winery to check on some Pee and hopefully be able to rack out of the primary and into the carboy....

Bottled 2 cases of Pinot Noir, now it will age for another 6 months before I try it, 1 year is my goal for it, it's aged 9 moths between carboy and oak barrel, I think another 6-12 months should put it right.
...By the way....Thank God for the All In One Wine Pump!

Printed labels for Blackberry Cabernet, Concord and Skeeter Pee then transferred 6 gallons of Mojito to a carboy. Will rack again in 2 weeks to get off any remaining heavy lees then add kmeta and sorbate.

What, you mean the new phone book? :)

johnson-navin-r_2.jpg

Filtered and bottled my 2nd Red Mountain Trio this morning. First one, I followed kit instructions, but added some French oak and Grand Cru, along with a few months of bulk aging. This one, I used D254, put it through the Vadai for 3 months, and gave it some Grand Cru. It's already better than its older brother. Can't wait to see what the next 6 months does for it.

that's a nice unit Dan. just be careful with the thermometer.....

Added Sparkeloid to the Skeeter Pee and the Candy Cane Wine. Working in DC tomorrow, so no work in the winery until Tuesday....

Just got home from the Lynyrd Skynyrd & Bad Company concert......WOW!...Holy Lord! Just freakin amazing!

Earlier today myself and the wife were visiting a friend in PA when we decided to look up local wineries in the area. After a quick google search we learned about Blue Mountain Vineyards and Cellars. We took a 30 minute drive and when we arrived, we new that these people knew what they were doing. While it is a pretty small vineyard, they used the natural slope of the mountain and the rocky soils to produce some very good wines. My favorite was their Cabernet Franc which was my favorite pure Franc that I have tasted to date. The wines here blew away any local wineries in NJ (except Heritage, which is another great local winery) and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside is that you have to book winery tours in advance because the owner/winemaker is not there every day to walk people around. This is a great place to visit for anyone in the area, here are some pics:

This is the view from the tasting floor to down below where the magic happens :b

About 1/3 of the vineyard is located on a slope that overlooks a pond down below

The other 2/3 is on an area of flatter land behind the slope

If anyone is in the area this is a great place to take a trip to, great wines, great scenery, and reasonable pricing!!!

Back