What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting here on a conference call, did a rough calculation on what I would like to get from Presque Isle this fall. I'm looking at 90 gallons of various PA juices for fall...Will be doubling the quantity of the blends we made last year, then I rounded up to make even 6 gallon buckets...Can't wait to see the juice list and the available dates so I can coordinate trips...

Leaving for vacation in a couple of hours. My son-in-law will rack a couple of wines for me and baby sit the rest. Bakervinyard

Leaving for vacation in a couple of hours. My son-in-law will rack a couple of wines for me and baby sit the rest. Bakervinyard

Vacation would be nice. I have 13 days left to take this year. We just added alot of house hold projects so my days will likely be spent working on those. New front door, carpeting in 3rd floor and gutting the bedroom, re-drywall and cut new window into rear wall of bedroom to replace a door going to a deck that is no longer safe. I know where my days will be spent...

Doug, don't forget we may have to make a run for a week to NY to assist an ailing WMT member with the harvest if he needs it.

I picked up an Island Mist Raspberry Dragonfruit White Shiraz again to which I will add a bit of sugar to 1.080 and then ferment to bring it up to 11% ABV. I was also given 2 Malo innoculations to try.

Anyone want to give me some pointers on doing a Malo????

Yesterday, I introduced a new person into wine-making. He had mentioned to a mutual friend that he was interested in learning about it and we set up a time to meet. We racked blackberry, blueberry, Starburst wine (not sure about that one, yet) and a kit I have going, plus just for fun we started a Sauvignon Blanc kit. Hopefully I helped addict another person to this wonderful hobby.

And of course, there was generous sampling throughot.

bottling some peach. racking some fig,starting 6 gallons of blackberry from juice, and stirring my 2 25 gallons of db, if i can find my kayak paddle.

racked the Cab Franc Ice Wine and backsweetened the Concord, though now I have to adjust the pH....

So far since 9:00 am I've split the remainder of he wood from the mulberry tree we had cut down last year (5' high stump about 3- inches in diameter plus a lot of other large pieces that needed cut smaller) and pulled up he carpeting in a 11X17 room to get ready for installation of new carpeting in the nursery on he 3rd floor. Need to make a 6" platform so that the upright A/C will be high enough to properly drain and also cut a piece of plywood to go in above the vent. Busy day ahead. May try to bottle the Blackberry Cabernet this afternoon.

One of my hobbies besides wine making is amature photography. I just acquired some new HDR software so I just had to go for a walk looking for subjects to experiment on. This building is an old carriage house in the oldest section of town. Every time I look at this building I think of what a wonderful winery it would make!

Winery2.jpg

Tore my back up adjusting my garden irrigation. ....been in bed sll day. ...what a waste of a beautiful day....

Bottled the Cab Franc Ice Wine today and checked the Skeeter Pee. It's down to 1.000, and was still foaming. Also started to do some taste testing with the family. Can anyone recommend what a good Beaugelais is supposed to taste like??? It's kind of blaugh right now....

Tom Good luck and get well soon.

Phil, awesome picture. I agree that looks like a great building for a winery. I also like the idea of some old churches having some real character to them for the same thin.

So over the weekend after the mundane chores I racked the skeeter pee which checked out at about 990 if I'm reading it correctly ( dang bubbles) and started a Cab Sauvignon.;)

working on the fruit trees and yard, and went through the wine bottles today and found a bottle of the WE Brunello, only one left and it taste quite nice tonight!

I finally got around to bottling whats left of 5 gallons of Pinot Grigio, everyone loved it...not much left....LMAO!!!
It is a beautiful crystal clear wine.

Pinot Grigio pic (1).jpg

Pinot Grigio pic.jpg

Back