What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT felt good to be productive today. Car aligned, gassed up, lawn cut, trim done, bottles sanitized and drying on the bottle tree. Pee is still producing a nice amount of foam, though I didn't check the SG today....

My son teaches English in other countries and in his travels he meets his finance. He is now back in PA and she is here visiting with us. What a wonderful person she is, it has been nothing but a joy for the last two weeks. Anyway, my son finds on Facebook this annual party for the Association of Philippines. So we go, what a great time we had. I have never felt so welcome and Philippino food is out of this world.

Do, didn't have kare kare or adobo but did have lumpia shanghai, sotanghon, lechon, suman, plus they had this fish, I don't know what they called it but it was a milk fish that was marinated in vinegar and some spices, that was dam good. Tried some other stuff but have no idea what it was called. BUT I stayed away from pork dinuguan

So over the weekend let's see, vacuumed the pool twice, tried fixing the filter(chlorine generator not working), Racked the Welches and the Shiraz, Bottled the Coastal White, Checked the Skeeter Pee (still Bubbling away), Cut the grass, Had all the family over for a barbecue for my wife's birthday. Came back to work today to get a rest.:slp

Over the weekend I racks and sweetened 5 gallons of DB.
Rack my chianti
Racked my apple.
Swam, swam, golfed, swam, swam.
Now I am working for 2 more days. Walking 9 in 95 degree heat, then heading to Hershey PA for 4 days of vacation!!!!

But for the 1st time in 7 months I have nothing fermention or in secondary.
I have 4 batches aging, but nothing brewing.
I feel lost!
But I have to wait until this heat breaks before I can start a cherry!

Sitting here with about 1000 gallons of Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cab Sauv in my driveway. Leaving very early in the morning to travel across the state to deliver to another winery.

Today I did a second racking on a Barolo, Cab Sauv., Blackberry/Raspberry and a Cherry wine. I don't mind the racking but I sure hate the clean up!

Bottling some Caribou Slobber (Brown Ale) tonight and pitting/quartering the last of the peaches for the freezer.

Just cancelled home phone and internet. TDS Telecom is the worst. Avoid like the plague if you can.

last day of class tomorrow. After that, I will have no class.....

Got home and checked the Skeeter Pee, which was down to 1.030. Added another bottle of RealLemon and 4 tsp of energizer and gave it a good whip.

last day of class tomorrow. After that, I will have no class.....

Got home and checked the Skeeter Pee, which was down to 1.030. Added another bottle of RealLemon and 4 tsp of energizer and gave it a good whip.

Who said you had class to begin with? :) Are you teaching or taking a class, which one?

taking a class to be able to teach a class. If anyone needs OSHA construction training, give me a PM....

Latest posts

Back