What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to head to the cellar tonight and figure out what I have in the way of bottles. Heading over to Kelman bottles tomorrow to pick up probably 40 cases of bottles.

Let me know what they are charging now for a case,,thanks!!

Let me know what they are charging now for a case,,thanks!!

$6.00 per case. My boss picked some up last week. I'm picking some up for Julie and another friend as well. I believe she said she needed 6 cases of Green Bordeaux and will be dropping off sometime before she needs them. Give a shout and let me know if you need any.

I need to see what I have in the cellar now. If I bottle everything I have I'll need 44 case, probably have 16 at home.

Last edited:
$6.00 per case. My boss picked some up last week. I'm picking some up for Julie and another friend as well. I believe she said she needed 6 cases of Green Bordeaux and will be dropping off sometime before she needs them. Give a shout and let me know if you need any.

I need to see what I have in the cellar now. If I bottle everything I have I'll need 44 case, probably have 16 at home.

If you have room to pick up some more, I could use 6 green as well,,let me know.

Thanks!!!

Worked a half day then went and picked up 46 cases of bottles. Delivered 12 cases to Saxonburg and 5 cases to someone else. Got home unloaded the truck into the garage until I'm ready to bottle. I was hoping to have time to bring the wines out of cold stabilization and get them racked but that didn't happen due to a Dr. appointment. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get to that.

Finally home from NH, and enjoyed a nice Riesling from a German winemaker that I met up there. Now enjoying a nice Elderberry from D&O Cellars. It has a nice nose and an almost coffee aftertaste. Two thunbs up from me and the wife.

Tomorrow I have to clean bottles and get ready for bottling about 50 cases of wine. But first, must check the pHs and TA's prior to bottling. Work in DC on sunday...

Stopped and picked up a couple extra hydrometers this am on the way into work then ordered my Chilean juice from Consumers Produce. Need to place an order for some misc supplies as well.

I should be in Pittsburgh on either the 21st or early on the 22nd, I plan on picking up 20 or so cases of bottles at Kelman bottles. Time to do some serious bottling, with the Vadai barrels coming in in a few weeks, I'll have to think about bottling this batch and using the barrels for the Chilean and the wine this fall, or...putting all of the current wine through the barrels for a few months each.

I should be in Pittsburgh on either the 21st or early on the 22nd, I plan on picking up 20 or so cases of bottles at Kelman bottles. Time to do some serious bottling, with the Vadai barrels coming in in a few weeks, I'll have to think about bottling this batch and using the barrels for the Chilean and the wine this fall, or...putting all of the current wine through the barrels for a few months each.

Tom,

When you come to Pittsburgh, the person you want to speak with at Kelman Bottles is Robin Williams 412-486-9100 ext 215.

Just soaked some bottles we had laying around. Came to a sad realization....I need to quit giving away so much wine. My shelves are down to about 9-10 cases of various vintages. Guess this weekend will be time to do some bottling to replenish stock.

Until then, I opened one of the 3 remaining bottles of the 2011 Elderberry. Wow, I really need to make sure I hide (or hold off on bottling) a few bottles of the 2012 batch. At a year and a half old, it's phenomenal and this batch was made with roughly 5 lbs per gallon. The remaining 2 bottles will have to wait until August to be opened when they are 2 years old.

I tasted my Sauv Blanc from a year and a half ago. Still isn't right. Not quite sure how to explain it. It's seems just off to me. I have a case left. May hide it away and see how it is in 6 months but I don't think its going to improve. May end up dumping it.

Just calibrated the Vinmetric SC300 and checked the Ph of all the wines in the cellar. All were between 2.98 and 3.43 with the exception of the Elderberry. The oaked elderberry was at 3.73 and the non oaked was at 3.85. This is the elderberry that took a gold. I'd like to get the ph down some but I don't really want to change the flavor profile at this point. I may add a touch of Tartaric acid the set outside to see if any acid dropps out.

Do you have any idea what time you are coming thru?

Its half day of work tomorrow, then up to Butler to pick up my demijohns, then off to Indiana to pick up the kids for spring break.

Tonight I bottled my peach. I think it turned out petty darn good!! Will have to have Julie taste some and give me her feedback,,,,,ahhh what are friends for???

Tomorrow I will be racking the reisling, cranberry malbec and an angle blanco. Then do a taste on my mixed berry, being that I have two carboys of that I am thinking of doing a little bit of oak on one.

Did I ever tell ya how much I love my hobby?? No? Well I love my hobby!!!!

Wheeeew what a busy day! Bottled the Chardonnay, German Gewurztraminer, my Hard Cider/Apple Wine, racked and bottled 4 cases of beer, racked 2 more 5 gallon batches of beer, still need to rack the Eclipse Zinf off the lees and oak tomorrow, then start two more batches of all grain beer.
I think the washing and sanitizing of bottles, carboys, fermenters
and various utensils is such a time consuming process, it drains the energy from me! I started at 3;30, just got done cleaning up at 2:10 am!
I'll pay for t tomorrow!...lol

Did I ever tell ya how much I love my hobby?? No? Well I love my hobby!!!!

Ha....I love this hobby too, but I just started my new job, and now realize how much it interferes with this hobby. Haven't had time to check my batches in almost a week.

Julie,
Hope to get that box off this weekend....sorry for the delay.

Mixed up all the ingredients for another Skeeter Pee on my break. This will be the 3rd we started this year. Should hold us over for a bit. May add some strawberry Torani syrup to some of this for a Strawberry Lemonade.

Got my demijohns from Canada today AND found out (for the first time in my life) that I won a raffle!! 2 tickets to 2 Pens games and Cash. I am considering selling off the tickets in order to pay for more Chilean juice.

I think you can now officially classify me as "obsessed"....

Got my demijohns from Canada today AND found out (for the first time in my life) that I won a raffle!! 2 tickets to 2 Pens games and Cash. I am considering selling off the tickets in order to pay for more Chilean juice.

I think you can now officially classify me as "obsessed"....

Dude, Wine or hockey! That's a tough one for sure!!!!!!!:dg

1 night of hockey..

Or

Weeks of time spent making the wine, and year(s) spent waiting...... To drink it all in probably 6 months....

You know, it wasnt until i actually typed it out (i thought it through first, rare occasion) that i realized i really am obsessed... I'd rather have all that work, and expend all that patience, to make something...

But hockey sure it fun to watch!

Back