What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally bottled my very first batch of muscadine wine!!!! The flavor is wonderful!!! (I might be a little bias)

Also, filtered and bottle the blueberry last night. I can't wait to get my allinonepump!!! It took me 2 hours to filter it using my Vinbrite. :po Pruned my vines, trees, and ornamental grasses yesterday as well. Looking for a good crop this year!!

Started a batch of Cherry-Lemon-Lime Skeeter Pee today. My five year old helped. She likes to do the stirring between reading **** and Jane. She did taste it before I added the tannin, energizer, and nutrient and gave me 2 thumbs up. :i

So I got that going for me.

Not wine related, but going in today to the cancer center for my weekly/10 days appointment. Hopefully we will soon do a scan and see if we have the lymphomas shrinking yet. Then sometime next week the third cycle of chemo. We may discuss getting a port put in for easier access for chemo and blood tests. Right now I look like a drug addict with pokes and bruises all over me (of course I may be addicted to the oxycodone by now). Maybe some day wine will taste good to me again and I can have the occasional glass of wine.

Rich, I hope that you are kicking the crap out of the cancer! If you need anything, I'll do my best to get up there to give ya a hand!
Tom

WOW! This whole thing just got a lot more weird...the investigators just found that my buddy Randy, Debs husband was also found dead...but murdered 3 years ago and still in the house....this is surreal, I couldn't make this stuff up, this is worse than a soap opera.
I have to Contact the NY State Troopers tomorrow and let them know everything I knew about these guys up until my buddy went missing in Feb 2010.
This is just flat out nuts, and to think, I picked today to cut back on my beer and wine consumption.....

Holy smokes Tom, Sorry to hear this but it sure is interesting. It's like several years ago when we had the "pizza Bomber" case here in Erie. I actually saw the entire thing go down when the bomb went off strapped to the bank robber. The incidents that followed and preceeded the case were unreal and all related.

Holy cow, Tom!!! This is weird, sorry to hear this, hope everything gets sorted.

Sounds crazy right but it happens more often than what we realize I think. Here is a story of a very similar incident that happened down in Albuquerque a few years ago. Just bizarre.

WOW! This whole thing just got a lot more weird...the investigators just found that my buddy Randy, Debs husband was also found dead...but murdered 3 years ago and still in the house....this is surreal, I couldn't make this stuff up, this is worse than a soap opera.
I have to Contact the NY State Troopers tomorrow and let them know everything I knew about these guys up until my buddy went missing in Feb 2010.
This is just flat out nuts, and to think, I picked today to cut back on my beer and wine consumption.....

Praying for you Rich (and of course Tom as well).

Not wine related, but going in today to the cancer center for my weekly/10 days appointment. Hopefully we will soon do a scan and see if we have the lymphomas shrinking yet. Then sometime next week the third cycle of chemo. We may discuss getting a port put in for easier access for chemo and blood tests. Right now I look like a drug addict with pokes and bruises all over me (of course I may be addicted to the oxycodone by now). Maybe some day wine will taste good to me again and I can have the occasional glass of wine.

Racked the CC Sterling Syrah (will bottle in a few weeks). I've been working this one since August and had serious concerns about it for quite a while. But now, it looks like it'll produce a damn fine $3 bottle of wine. Patience pays. Also degassed and stabilized Red Mountain Trio #2. This is a milestone for me, as its the first time I've topped up a batch with wine I made. Red Mtn Trio #1 was bottled in December (and is damn good, if I do say so myself :) )

Tom: sorry to here about recent events. So sad.

Rich: for some reason, I jus know you'll pull through this with flying colors.

Hey Rich, just an FYI, if you really need help around the harvest time, I have a spare week of vacation. And maybe I can get Doug to ride along too...

Here's a couple of my lovely ladies!!! I bottled the peach today. It has a wonderful color and flavor!!!

image-1718686170.jpg

image-308376945.jpg

Hey Rich, just an FYI, if you really need help around the harvest time, I have a spare week of vacation. And maybe I can get Doug to ride along too...

I'll put aside some time and if needed I'm in depending on the timing.

I am game as well! Just say when, It would be a privilege and actually would be fun!

Just checked the PH and acid of my 2012 Noble Muscadine. PH=3.23 and TA was .63%. I think last year's grapes will be better than the 2011 harvest. Reds checked out as follows PH=2.82 TA=.78%. Do the PH and TA appear to correlate with each other for the various readings provided?

Last edited:
Back