What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE barrels.....

Ordered my whole house filter set up so I can filter as I rack using the allinone. Time to transfer the apple rasp and apple cherry to glass.

I really should start another candy cane as I have BOXES of candy canes stacked up in the cellar.....

NICE barrels.....

Ordered my whole house filter set up so I can filter as I rack using the allinone. Time to transfer the apple rasp and apple cherry to glass.

I really should start another candy cane as I have BOXES of candy canes stacked up in the cellar.....

LOL
I have about 15 boxes, and about 50 loose candy canes in my cellar as well.
I'm getting ready to rack my 3 ga. Candy Cane batch this weekend.

Started the WE Eclipse Stag Leap District Merlot, very interesting, a bit different than the other two Kits that I've made, very interesting!

Working on emptying Corona bottles for my Mojito Skeeto. Hope it taste better than Corona!!

Here was my day. It was a little stupid on my part. I used my new ph tester on three carboys of wine. I also did an tritable acid test on each.

My muscadine carboys (2) all checked out with acceptable ranges for both ph and acid.

A cab/blackberry carboy checked out ok for ph but the acid was way low. I start figuring on how much acid to add and got to thinking, "why isn't my ph off the chart?"

Went back rechecked and the acid was ok. Glad I rechecked.

I checked on an Italian Cab I started the other day. It is the first wine I oaked to a significant degree. I used about 2 ounces of chips.

It smelled like a cross between a fruit stand and a sawmill. It tastes pretty good so far.

Today is bottling day. My husband and I are bottling 6 gallons of Blackberry Concord, 6 gallons of Strawberry Pineapple SK, and my husband's black currant stout.
Then tomorrow I get to start filling those carbons again!

Today is bottling day. My husband and I are bottling 6 gallons of Blackberry Concord, 6 gallons of Strawberry Pineapple SK, and my husband's black currant stout.
Then tomorrow I get to start filling those carbons again!

I am making a cab/blackberry. Will your concord be dry? Can you describe what it tastes like?

Thanks

I need to move the Super Tuscan out of the Vadai and get the Red Mountain Cab in. I have some Dragon Blood that needs to be bottled, but I probably won't get to it.

Going to go to one of he LHBS to get a few supplies to make the White House Honey Ale.
I need to rack my Pinot Grigio, the Bioless experiment is finished, an unbelievable success, I'll post more about it in a bit.

stuck in area review conference calls all day, then traveling to Buffalo this evening. I hope to stop in Erie on the way home to talk to PIWC and Arrowhead, Lake View for some info on going commercial.

I hope my Canadian equipment shipment makes it to Buffalo in time for the ride home on Friday.

Tonight i'll be...

Racking and sulfiting:
8 gallons of 2012 blackberry
5 gallons of 2011 blackberry-cherry
5 gallons of 2012 apple-pear

Sulfiting
5 gallons 2010 riesling ice wine
5 gallons 2011 gold raspberry
5 gallons 2011 red raspberry
5 gallons 2011 "leftovers"

Being stuck in Buffalo has its advantages: Cheap booze prices. I am having to stop to pick up a bunch of wine/spirits for the wife's uncle. I'll see what specials they have on other wines too. Plus, I want to pick up some grain and vodka to make some lemoncello.

But my Canadian source is sick and couldn't deliver the goods :-( Looks like I'll have to make another trip in a month to get the goodies. And I hope the snow holds off for the trip home tomorrow.

Doing laundry, making dinner, having a glass of Elderberry and thinking about going to the PIWINE site and order some labels. Bill, if they have the 190 proof everclear up there, pick me up a half gallon. Should be about $32. Just kidding. Need to get some sometime soon... Wonder what it would taste like with 95% gin, I know where I can get that locally. Wigle Whiskey in the Strip DIstrict.

Doing laundry, making dinner, having a glass of Elderberry and thinking about going to the PIWINE site and order some labels. Bill, if they have the 190 proof everclear up there, pick me up a half gallon. Should be about $32. Just kidding. Need to get some sometime soon... Wonder what it would taste like with 95% gin, I know where I can get that locally. Wigle Whiskey in the Strip DIstrict.

LOL, Dear Lord, we were drinking elderberry tonight as well. AND if you ever need everclear, let me know. We head south a couple times a year, so I can pick up a bottle for you.

Tonight i'll be...

Racking and sulfiting:
8 gallons of 2012 blackberry
5 gallons of 2011 blackberry-cherry
5 gallons of 2012 apple-pear

Sulfiting
5 gallons 2010 riesling ice wine
5 gallons 2011 gold raspberry
5 gallons 2011 red raspberry
5 gallons 2011 "leftovers"

From last night:

CIMG2932.jpg

Right now I am drinking a glass of Kiwi Melon Pinot Grigio waiting to hear from my Son in Law that my newest Grand Daughter Hailey Bree is here. My daughter went in a couple of hours ago. Her first took 27 hours....I think I will need more wine.

Congrats Shelly..let us know when she arrives, and we can all raise a glass to your daughter and new Grandaughter.
Grand kids are great, went to watch my middle grandson at a track meet last night, he came in second in his event.

Back