What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How amazing!!!!! I agree please send more pics!
I use to Visit Rome often, I lived in Livorno, not too far from Camp Derby.

Ironically enough, my wife started the morning asking me if I would like to go on a Wine Tour In Italy! It's just a dream at this point, but it is a goal we are going to work towards!!!!

mdtrey12, Have we talked? I was stationed in Aschaffenburg in Norther Bavaria a long time ago. Where are you stationed and what unit? I was 3rd ID Division Artillery (2nd Bn, 41st Arty).

Portuguese is still fine and I highly recommend it as it is very affordable and only twice that of a hand corker. The Italian is taller and has a longer handle for easier leverage. The Italian is twice as much as the Port at about $135. I've been using a Swiss corker this week which are closer to $800. Each one has their own benefits but when you get into the Swiss which is the Cadillac of floor corkers, it also breaks down more and parts are very expensive for it. The Portuguese I have has had at least 6000 bottles go through it with no issues or rust. At $65 it is an awesome tool. I never use any meta on my corkers as it is very corrosive.

Me thinks Rich is in rare form or on some good meds today! I hear Nurse Rachet calling.

NurseRatched-1.jpg

Started a batch of Dave's Dragon's Blood, but used peaches and cut the lemon juice down to 32 oz.

Helped a friend degass a few batches of wine using my All In One, he was so impressed he ordered one tonite!
I opened a real nice bottle of Bottle Moscato, I was real impressed, 1.5 liters for under $14, real nice fruit and sweetness, it was a hit. Came home and had to Open a bottle of Tomassi Valpolicella, another real nice wine, very happy with it!

LOL on the happy pills!
Negative on that boys. I save those for overnight when I need them. Two weeks from the last chemo treatment and not much for pain right now. Just feeling good I suppose. If I had said something about an Italian and Corker- you better bet Dan would have brought up the cork soakers! LOL:b

racked my Riesling Ice wine today, stabilized, added clarifier and f-pack. Degassed with my ebay Gomco vacuum pump. Did a nice job.
Then I racked the candy cane wine and cleaned up all the equipment.
Fermentor bucket still smells like peppermint....cleaned it several times, even with oxyclean....
any suggestions on how to get rid of the smell?

Last edited:
Negative on that boys. I save those for overnight when I need them. Two weeks from the last chemo treatment and not much for pain right now. Just feeling good I suppose. If I had said something about an Italian and Corker- you better bet Dan would have brought up the cork soakers! LOL:b
You're right Rich. There are a few of us that are pretty vulnerable to others when ever there is a chance. It's just more fun when it's Julie.

It's just more fun when it's Julie.

:)

My nose is cursing you from the back-shot of A&W root beer foam it just had to cope with

On another note, our natural gas furance died last night... Not knowing much about natural gas, it was a "fun" crash course ( :m / :s )... Guy's supposed to come out from 10-12 tomorrow, so we'll see... Electric space heaters for now.. Poor power bill... But thank goodness for it being on the home insurance

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back