What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the worst part (other than losing a carboy and having to vacuum the entire garage) was that my favorite lounging slippers took the brunt of 6 gallons of sanitized water. I had to wring them out and it will be a few days before they are wear-able again.

And Dan, I DID have a handle on it, but only on the top. It was the bottom that slipped out of my hand and hit the floor.

Doh!!!!

Only two types of winemakers.

Those who have broken a full carboy....

and those that someday will...... :(

Haven't broke a full one, but did break an empty one. I was cleaning it at the time. THe washing machine was running and I took a carboy that was just racked after sitting near the cellar door on the concrete floor. Needless to say as soon as I turned on the water with the hose in the carboy, it was very hot and the bottom blew out of the carboy.

Racked the Moscato, and the Lambrusco, while attempting to degas the Lambrusco, I had my first Volcano! Holy lord!! On a side note, I found out that my dog likes Lambrusco....LOL
It's official, I'm going to wait until I open up the All in one pump on Christmas, I was going to bottle the dragons blood tonite....nope, makes no sense, I might just as well wait and do it right, I can degas, filter, and bottle.
I may pull the trigger on the Vinmetrica SC-300 analyzer as well.

Finally getting my wines racked off secondary. A new place always takes up so much time! No complaint though. Loving it here.
:b

Bottled me skeeter pee with sangria slurry. Wonderful flavor!!!!!! Has a pinkish purple color as well.

Also tasted my mulled skeeter pee that I added 3 extra cinnamon sticks to. It has a wonderful flavor with hints of cinnamon at the end!! It is going to turn out real nice. Especially when I add the simple syrup that was cooked with a mulling spice pack.

Racked 14 gallons of Skeeter Pee to the demijohn last night. Sanitized 2 more 6 gallon carboys. No losses were incurred, but the week is not over yet....

Watching Home Alone and drinking some wine with the most beautiful woman in the world.

Only two types of winemakers.

Those who have broken a full carboy....

and those that someday will...... :(

Reminds me of the two types of scooterists/bikers...those that have fallen, and those that will:h Yeah, I would be the former.

That's where I heard it the first time as well. "Only two types of cyclist, those who have gone down and those who will"......

Wow I just opened a bottle of home brewed stout that I added cocoa nibs and french oak to after fermentation was finished. It is excellent! I am beginning to think beer making might be almost as much fun as wine making and you are rewarded much faster!

Back