What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long of a drive would that be for me Dan? Next year I want to do this so bad!!! Ill just stay at your house and sleep in your wine cellar!

You better make that a week if your going to sleep in his wine cellar

Mama Mia!!!! I would have to make a weekend out of it!!

If enough people wanted to do it, a Walleye weekend on Erie would be a blast. charter a boat, fish, eat and Matbe have some wine too :sm

I'm IN. Dan, Late summer is the best time over there isn't it?

I don't fish but I believe it is. Besides the fishing you would be able to get an unlimited supply of most any juice you wanted except for muscadine between all the wineries and Walkers.

SWMBO and I went up to Alaska a few years ago for a family reunion. Her stepfather owns a fishing lodge in Ketchikan. While we had a blast, we found out were not very good at fishing. I think we are more interested in the product than the catching of the product!

DSC00503.jpg

We fished Erie a couple of years ago at Put In Bay. Had a good time and caught some nice fish.

My brother and I

n1302686934_30411345_6281216.jpg

My son-in-law went steelhead fishing last weekend near Lake Erie with 2 other guys. They got skunked!!

Mama Mia!!!! I would have to make a weekend out of it!!

Well, if you think one minute that you are going to go fishing and staying at Dan's and not having me come up to see you, you better think again Mister. You will never get out of that corner!

They got skunked!!

Story of my fishing life, ... but, of course, the few that I have caught were memories of a lifetime ... I find just getting out there is worth a heck of a lot.
I can't hop from fishing hole to fishing hole along the river like I used to but love it none the less.
I find bank fishing steelies around here, particularly in lower water conditions more like hunting than most fishing, they spook so easy and being stealthy is a great part of the game.

Of course, it helps that I move much slower these days though ... :n

Last edited:
Its kind of getting to the very end of Steelie time right now isnt it? Wouldnt be surprided that they gt shunked but like Timber said just getting out there is great. The last few times I went fishing I got skunked but wasnt expecting too much as I really never even fished this time of year, heck its usually -10* out this time of the year instead of the 58* it reached here yesterday!!!!!! This is my kind of winter this year!! IOf this is Global warming then Im going to start using a lot of hairspray!!!! LOL

Yup, weird winter, for sure ... 43*F today but it was clear and sunny and looked like summer. Was outside for a while in a tee-shirt and didn't even get cold.
Hey Wade, maybe the northern US is the new Calif/ Florida type climate zone ...
... whoda thunk?

Ease off their pardner, I dont want it geting that warm over here unless the beaches are going to get as nice also bringing in all the skimpy kini girls!!! LOL

Ugh Kayaking in the sun on Saturday and Snow on my deck today... what whacky weather we are having!!

Ugh Kayaking in the sun on Saturday and Snow on my deck today... what whacky weather we are having!!

:):):) what did I tell you about posting about things like that when we have snow! I guess that was pay backs. Nikki it's good to see you back again. You're spending way too much time on FB and not enough here. That coner is getting very lonely and beside's Troy has been looking for you.

Are you fermenting anything right now? Are you still making soap? I like the new picture!

Its kind of getting to the very end of Steelie time right now isnt it? Wouldnt be surprided that they gt shunked but like Timber said just getting out there is great. The last few times I went fishing I got skunked but wasnt expecting too much as I really never even fished this time of year, heck its usually -10* out this time of the year instead of the 58* it reached here yesterday!!!!!! This is my kind of winter this year!! IOf this is Global warming then Im going to start using a lot of hairspray!!!! LOL

Wade, we have a couple rivers here with summer run Steelhead and a separate winter run. Other rivers have either a fall run or a spring run. Then we have salmon that make runs at spaced intervals from spring to late fall. There is always some kind of ocean run fish to catch on the west coast rivers. I have slowed way down on the fishing with the addition of kids.

Timber, if you are coming up to the Cowlitz, let me know and I will try to get down there to meet up with you. Lots of competition though, affectionately called combat fishing. :fsh:gb

We are packing! We're leaving Thursday after work for Florida to spend the weekend with my dad, (and maybe some ocean fishing) then we board a cruise ship for the Bahama's on Monday. :r The wine will wait! :pic

Back