What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! V8 or V6?

What kind of milage are you anticipating?

It's the 5.3 ltr V8. The sticker says 15 city / 21 Hwy. Time will tell. I only have a 6 mile drive to work. We traded our 1998 K2500 that got about 8 mpg and our 2004 jeep grand cherokee. Numbers worked where I wanted them to be.

Spent the day yesterday installing the trim in the bedroom my son is remodeling. After that I came home and tore out the hall carpeting.

For dinner we had the traditional Pork, Sour Kraut, and mashed potatoes with a bottle of Kavic Winery Blaufrankish.

Hope everyone has a safe new year.

85 new bottles under cork today and 8 carboys racked. Time for a cold beer! :b

Working two nights and thena couple of days off. Time to bottle that beer and start that Chianti kit I got for Christmas...Happy fun Time

85 new bottles under cork today and 8 carboys racked. Time for a cold beer! :b

Yes, that's some serious wine making ... I find it ironic that you will have a beer :b (Wine, wine everywhere but not a drop to drink)?
Good job!

I tasted my first blackberry wine today, first impression was a faint yeast and SO2 smell right out of the jug but I let a glass sit for a few minutes then tried it and the blackberry flavor came through nicely.
Half a small glass rolled across my tongue and warmed my belly so I'm pleased with my first attempt at making wine. (No sweetening so far).
I'll let a gallon settle and age while I make something else.

Setting up my new laptop as the lid hinge broke on my old 1 yesterday and I wanted to get a new 1 and transfer everything over while the screen still works!! I think I got 7 years out of that one or close to it which aint bad and its still working good. Doing all the transfers now, about 83 gigs of music which takes some time to transfer. I must say I wasnt happy about the change from XP to 7 but I will admit this system connected right to the internet and my wifi printer in seconds and that does not happen with XP!!!!!! Just takes a little getting uswed to find where everything is but its pretty easy.

HP, its a Pavilion G6. Nothing super great but its way better then what I had and its about as much as I could spend which was $480.

Hehehehehehehehehe.........

apple-logo-white2.jpg

Mike, Id love to try it but it isn't even close to my affordability especially right now! I really couldnt afford this one but I didnt want the screen to go as then Id have to have someone else extract all the stuff and that would just cost me more money.

Last edited:
Yes, that's some serious wine making ... I find it ironic that you will have a beer :b (Wine, wine everywhere but not a drop to drink)?
Good job!

Oh I had lots of tastings and all were good however beer time is beer time. :b

Too bad were not closer, we could barter for computer IT support in exchange for home remodeling help! :p

Mike, Id love to try it but it isn't even close to my affordability especially right now! I really couldnt afford this one but I didnt want the screen to go as then Id have to have someone else extract all the stuff and that would just cost me more money.

Started my day by fixing breakfest for the wife then went upstairs and built three new walls to enclose the second bedroom with one more wall to build then I went down to the kitchen and got my elderberry wine into it's finally stages and got the elderberry blush started now sitting down and enjoying a glass of wine

How cold is it Julie?

It is 630am here and I have -40F on the nose!!

I am not telling you this because I want sympathy, I just want you to not feel so cold!

LOL
:b

(praying to the furnace Gods hard, now I really miss a wood stove)

Troy you know the drill.

NO picture..it didnt happen.:D

How cold is it Julie?

It is 630am here and I have -40F on the nose!!

I am not telling you this because I want sympathy, I just want you to not feel so cold!

LOL
:b

(praying to the furnace Gods hard, now I really miss a wood stove)

Oh stop it Troy, I'm shivering just looking at that -40F. It is currently 18F and that is cold, I don't care what you say. This won't be so bad but we were in SC where it was sunny and 67 :slp and came home to this!

Don't be going outside, you will freeze in one spot and then that moose will do things to you :)

Latest posts

Back