What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was holdin it in. Forget peeing in the wind, I am afraid to pee off the porch!! LMAO!

:tz

pushing -50f.jpg

For Mike's benefit, Apple has come out with great products such as the iPad, iMac,iPod and so on. The software is usually impeccable, but the latest operating system has a single bug in in, so Apple introduced a new concept to their world, the

eyepatch.jpg

I can relate to what you are saying Julie it is cold here also but they are saying by Thrusday it is suppose to be close to sixty not good for my grapes vines

hope it thaws out fast. Good thing this isnt MY cat

is cryogenics a real science? This wil be one peesed off cat if they get him thawed in time!

Luckily the guy with the torch is wearing "I-Goggles".

Sorry, I couldn't resist either!

frozen_cat_pop_science.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, don't forget this guy ... he's not only ready for that -49*F weather but he's got some wine for ya too!
6631491351_c432423cc3_m.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist tying this thread together.

Last edited:
Went and had the remote starter, toneau cover and bedliner installed int he truck this am. Picked up 18 boxes of hardwood floor came home and unloaded those. Racked off the Elderberry Wine that is almost 5 months old and considering sanitizing bottles so that I can bottle the malvasia later this weekend. Need to free up some carboys to start making pee. strawberry and peach.

The vines are soaking. The sun is up. It's going to be 72 degrees today. I feel another video coming.

Racked the Apple, chocolate Orange and Coffee Port, also Raspberry and Cranberry wine. Blended Crabapple Cardonnay and Peach/Apricot Chardonnay and racked the RJS Cranapple Chardonnay. The Chardonnay was from California and the blends are awesome. They are now cold stabilizing. I still have 6 gallons of Lake Erie Chardonnay to play with.

Last edited:
Went fresh water fishing ansd should have wore my waiters as I fell in up to my pocket level right through 1" of ice in a spot where the water comes back around an island!!!! Man was it freakin cold. Luckily it was right below here I have my phone clipped on my pocket and also my car remote! Also, luckily it was very warm out today so it didnt ruin my fishing day as I still made it another 2.5 hours before the sun went down iot it got too chilly fopr me with soaked pants and socks!

Spending the weekend in central Ohio celebrating my mother-in-laws 91st birthday!! :try

Stopped at LHBS to say Hi and shoot the breeze for a bit today. I don't know how it happened, but I have another WE Sel. Int. Chilean Merlot to get into the primary as soon as I have room. Also 100 noma corks and a new bung in the bag. Glad I didn't go in to buy anything or who knows how much I might have!! :h

Went fresh water fishing ansd should have wore my waiters as I fell in up to my pocket level right through 1" of ice in a spot where the water comes back around an island!!!! Man was it freakin cold. Luckily it was right below here I have my phone clipped on my pocket and also my car remote! Also, luckily it was very warm out today so it didnt ruin my fishing day as I still made it another 2.5 hours before the sun went down iot it got too chilly fopr me with soaked pants and socks!

Dang Wade, glad you are OK!
I was steelhead fishing on one of our nearby glacier fed rivers a number of years ago in February and waders (thigh high) were almost my undoing. As I got a bite, I yanked the rod tip into the air I got slightly off balance and ended up dancing into the river's flow. The waders filled up in a split second and the current was pulling me toward a deep hole in the river. I managed to recover the spill and never even got my new casting reel wet ... the steelhead got away ... :re ... but fortunately I had blankets and some brandy in the pickup.

Dang Wade, glad you are OK!
I was steelhead fishing on one of our nearby glacier fed rivers a number of years ago in February and waders (thigh high) were almost my undoing. As I got a bite, I yanked the rod tip into the air I got slightly off balance and ended up dancing into the river's flow. The waders filled up in a split second and the current was pulling me toward a deep hole in the river. I managed to recover the spill and never even got my new casting reel wet ... the steelhead got away ... :re ... but fortunately I had blankets and some brandy in the pickup.

Cowlitz or Hoh river? Only ones I have fished with a winter run Steelhead.

Hi WildBill,

Actually this was at the confluence of the Zig Zag and Sandy rivers when I lived in OR. The Sandy R. and Wilson R. were my favorite haunts for steelhead. I live blocks from the Wind river now but it's got a pretty short season.

I should give the Cowlitz a try one of these days. I prefer bank fishing these rivers and would love to catch a steelie on a fly pole one day. Love the fight & flight!

Last edited:
Just picked 7 lbs or so of carrots out of the garden. At 35 degrees it is pretty chilly hosing them off in the backyard but they are so much tastier than the storebought carrots are. One more picking and they will be done.
:b

Carrots  2 8 11 004 P.jpg

Gosh I envy you guys being able to fish for steelhead without driving 6-8 hours each way. My family would never see me this time of year if I lived close. I too saved my weapon and ammobox (fishing pole and tacklebox + baitbucket with shiners and aerator) from getting wet!

Wade, It was amazing how many folks from Pittsburgh that came to get juice last fall brought thier poles with them. There is a bunch of places around here to go Steelhead fishing along the creeks coming off of Lake Erie.

Back