What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a smart phone but my best friend does and I use his all the time to play with it because one of these days i will get one. He has the I4 and I must say it is awesome. They say the 5 will be coming very shortly and it will be 4g with 32 gigs on the low side and 64 on the high model. Id be happy with the I4 with the 32 gig. I have 14 gigs of music on my Sony Ericson and thats all the space I need for that but with web and stuff like that I can see needing a little more. Can anyone tell me if the I4 has a decent speaker for playing MP3's. I must say my Sony Ericson is pretty loud and its the main reason I chose it.

They're relatively loud but, as you might guess, it's not a real rich sound. With the headphones though, it's incredible.

I had the Blackberry Storm with the touch screen. Good sound, Great camera, fast on the internet. Lacked in the aps, and the big trouble.....$140.. pr month with Verizon as my carrier for unlimited talk and text. Also did not like the slacker radio. Would not let me get anything local. But if I wanted the weather in Anchorage Alaska? That it would do. OH, and don't even think about using any part of the phone if your hands are cold. Heat sensitive touch screen. Could not use a stylus with it. And the screen would freeze at 40*F if exposed for more than 5 min.

Last edited:
I have no smart phone. I'm lucky to have a slider so I can text with my kids since they refuse to dial a number and talk. While technology is great, I truely believe it is killing interpersonal skills. The younger genration would rather sit in the same room and text each other than talk. Go figure.

Oh I did think about an Iphone or a blackberry just so I could get email and such on the go, just having a hard time justifying the data plans.

i just got the android samsung epic through sprint. this is my first smart phone and I am very happy with it.

what am i doing today... I just recieved 2000 lbs of frozen raspberries that I am going to make into a fortified desert wine. Have a few fans running on them right now trying to get them to thaw..

10 Gallons of cherry is fermenting fast and hard. The 6 gallons of blackberry and 3 gallons of strawberry are fighting tooth and nail. Just got home from buying fresh yeast. Might have been some old packs of cote des blanc I tossed in. This time I will hit them with lavlin 1118. If that don't work, I am bottling juice next week.

Just put 35 bottles in the stationary tub to soak in oxy-clean. I'm looking at possibly putting a double tub over in the part of the basement where I currently have my wine operation set up. There was one there when I purchased the house but it was cracked and I knew that the laundry room was going elsewhere so I disconnected it. All plumbing is still in the the general area so it shouldn't be a problem setting back up. I figured with a double I could have a soaking tub and still clean other stuff at the same time.

I need to inventory my remaining bottles to see what I have and figure what I have an immediate need for.

I need to inventory my remaining bottles to see what I have and figure what I have an immediate need for.

Doug I just did this, I need more for September myself. I have been cleaning several dozen recently. Getting organized. Need to make room for more empties.

Hey Doug was you start soaking those bottle in oxy-clean with hot water, try to start scraping them with the razor scraper in about an hour. Once the water gets cold the glue resets itself.

Hey Doug was you start soaking those bottle in oxy-clean with hot water, try to start scraping them with the razor scraper in about an hour. Once the water gets cold the glue resets itself.

Thats what I generally try to do. I'm figuring after dinner I'll go peal them off.

I need to pick up some more carboys so that I can allow stuff to bulk age longer. I'll be needing the carboys for the chilean juice so I bottled everything from September and will allow to age in bottles.

We get paid the 11th, my order will be placed by 6:45 am.

I'll probably stop and grab a few carboys the same say or the following Monday atr premier. $25 for new glass is hard to beat since I haven't been able to find deals like last year for $10 each used. Once I get a supply of 5 gallons I'll be able to let stuff age in bulk longer. Since we don't have a supply yet, once it hits bottles it starts to get tapped into. No will power I tell you, no will power.

I do however have 20 bottles of Chilean left from last year. 2 are promised out so far. I'm been showing great restraint with those as I want them to hit a year mark.

Doug:

Does anyone have a better price on 3 gal than George?? I plan on placing an order later today. I have enough of the others but could use another 3 gal one.
Al

I can't believe the trees held them all. Happy that they did. I never do more than about 10 bottles at a time. Is the Droid best?

I dont have a smart phone but my best friend does and I use his all the time to play with it because one of these days i will get one. He has the I4 and I must say it is awesome. They say the 5 will be coming very shortly and it will be 4g with 32 gigs on the low side and 64 on the high model. Id be happy with the I4 with the 32 gig. I have 14 gigs of music on my Sony Ericson and thats all the space I need for that but with web and stuff like that I can see needing a little more. Can anyone tell me if the I4 has a decent speaker for playing MP3's. I must say my Sony Ericson is pretty loud and its the main reason I chose it.
Wade knows too much about this stuff. He must be 16 years old. I4, gigs, 4G, low side,MP3's??? I'm lost.

Doug:

Does anyone have a better price on 3 gal than George?? I plan on placing an order later today. I have enough of the others but could use another 3 gal one.
Al

Premier has the 3 gallon better bottles for $17. They don't list any 3 gallon glass. Consumers has theirs priced at $27.50.

I just got a couple 3 gallon BB's to go along with my glass carboys. The BB's are square which makes them fit in really close to each other. Will be a big plus in the freezer. At 17.00 well worth the price if you ask me. Place them in between your glass bottles to prevent accidental clanging of glass.

L'uva Bella prices 3 gal glass 22.95
5 gal glass 29.90
6 gal glass 34.50

Latest posts

Back