What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:f1Microwave died, stopped heating although everything else seemed Ok, in process checking info on computer found that the magnetron is a common problem & warranted for 10 years!! Almost went & bought a new one. Called GE & they sent a new one out in two days, had my brother-in-law stop on way home from work to help lift it from the kitchen wall. There was a utube video on exactely how to replace it, amazing world isn't it!!! Total time about 45 minutes......... Tested & working fine!! Now to heat up our left-overs for dinner......
Al :try :try :try

Thats awesome Al. I had a pair of Columbia boots that got a crack across the top of them after 10 years. After going out and getting a new pair someone suggested I email the company about the crack and see if there is a warranty. Well sure enough they had me email 5 pictures to them and agreed it was a manufactures defect and sent me a new $100 pair of boots. I returned the other pair I bought. I would never of dreamed they would have sent out a new pair after 10 years.

Yep, its amazing that if you check on things you may find that if something happend to the product, that the company will waranty it. You never know till you try. When your used to the microwave, its weird trying to see how to heat up a small amount of left-overs. Wonder if its worth the trouble, or just pitch it!! Life is back to normal now.......

Al

Waiting for Dan to come wash up 12 cases of bottles for me. I'll pay ya with a gallon of strawberry wine. hehehe

Pitched yeast in 10 gallons of cherry, 6 gallons of blackberry and another 3 gallons of strawberry today. I need those bottles washed sometime in the next 12 months.

Waiting for Dan to come wash up 12 cases of bottles for me. I'll pay ya with a gallon of strawberry wine. hehehe

Pitched yeast in 10 gallons of cherry, 6 gallons of blackberry and another 3 gallons of strawberry today. I need those bottles washed sometime in the next 12 months.

Ha Ha I am done washing commercial bottles for a while now. I don't mind doing my own as I can do 30 bottles in about 30 minutes from start to finish. I like to always be at least 10-15 cases a head so I don't have to think about it when it comes to bottling time. I also mark all the cases as to the color of bottles in it to make selection quick.

Delabeled and cleaned 11 bottles today. It took more that 30 minutes. I guess I'm slower than Dan. Now I have to pick a new phone since my 2 yrs are up. I'm looking at the LG Vortex, Droid Incredible and Droid R2D2. Anybody have suggestions, I'm listening. :a1

I know a few people with the droid phones. Very nice once you get through your part of the programing. Hire the kid down the street and I bet he can show you how.

Delabeled and cleaned 11 bottles today. It took more that 30 minutes. I guess I'm slower than Dan. Now I have to pick a new phone since my 2 yrs are up. I'm looking at the LG Vortex, Droid Incredible and Droid R2D2. Anybody have suggestions, I'm listening. :a1

Richard with Avery labels they float off after a 15 minute soak. I fill bottles with hot water along with the sink and 3 huge scoops of oxy-clean.

None of the above......

iphone-4-verizon.jpg

Anybody have suggestions, I'm listening. :a1

For the first time ever, I have all my bottles washed and labels removed. In addition to the 15 cases shown draining I have another 25 cases boxed up. I'll be picking up another 30-50 cases in April after "Wine on the Lake" in Erie,PA

Bottles.jpg

Dan, that is really impressive, I have never done over 30 at one time, us older guys have to pace oursevles. ha ha Loren

I dont have a smart phone but my best friend does and I use his all the time to play with it because one of these days i will get one. He has the I4 and I must say it is awesome. They say the 5 will be coming very shortly and it will be 4g with 32 gigs on the low side and 64 on the high model. Id be happy with the I4 with the 32 gig. I have 14 gigs of music on my Sony Ericson and thats all the space I need for that but with web and stuff like that I can see needing a little more. Can anyone tell me if the I4 has a decent speaker for playing MP3's. I must say my Sony Ericson is pretty loud and its the main reason I chose it.

It has stereo speakers on the bottom. Most people use headphones which are fine but if you try and listen w/o headphones the sound goes out the bottom while your looking at the phone. Its Ok if your in a quiet room but if your in a loud or noisy environment you have to use your hand to cup the speakers and redirect the sound up towards you. Its kinda crazy but it works great.

My daughter just got the Droid Incredible and she really loves it, but I would vote for the iphone4

Last edited:
Always used my kids old phones when they upgraded to new ones, just swapped the chip & I had a newer phone. Finally bit the bullet & got my own new one, the Iphone 4. Just love it!! Great phone, tons of music, 6 or so audio books, all kinds of apps, games & over 600 latest novels for reading, plus the internet & mail!!! WOW!! The world in your pocket!!

Al

Latest posts

Back