WineXpert What do you suggest?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
So far from kits I have made a VR Bergamais, an Island Mist Reisling (yuck), a VR Pinot Gris, and a VR Mezza Luna Red.

What would be your recommendation for another Red and White?

earl

If you haven't yet ordered anything, you could consider stepping up to two of the more expensive kits. The Selection International New Zealand pinot noir is George's special this month for reds. He also is offering two whites on sale, so you could "step up" at sale prices!

earl said:
So far from kits I have made a VR Bergamais, an Island Mist Reisling (yuck), a VR Pinot Gris, and a VR Mezza Luna Red.

What would be your recommendation for another Red and White?

earl

I made the Island Mist Reisling, got a lot better after 4-5 months. What type red do you like, Dry, Semi Sweet, Oaked, Tannic, Spicy? You could read the manufacturers descriptions on their websites. I made the leap to the high end kits, they need more aging though. I made a couple of VR Mezza Lunas to drink while I wait.

<DIV ="signature">Edited by: DaveB50

I would like to step up to a 15 liter kit. Is there one that is drinkable in 6 months??

I really like a dry red with soft tannins. I am really thinking that Waldo's idea of the Aussie Shiraz is the way to go. A quick count of my store bought stash reveals 24 bottles, of which 16 are of Aussie Shiraz.

I ended drinking a bottle of the Mezza Luna the day I bottled it. It was fantastic.
What grape is the Mezza Luna red made from?

earl

Earl:

I would think about the Shiraz of the or the Lodi OV Zin from what you say of your stash.I have on order the NewZealnd Pinot - which would havesoft tanins and sounds tastey from George's description. BUT - the Crushendo Super Tuscan seems great at the early stages - just racked after stabilizing. If you follow the directions for the first rack on this site - it is pretty easy. And working with the skins pack makes it more fun in my eyes. The only negative is that this is on the high end for price.

Latest posts

Back