Well...I did it!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigC

Junior
Reaction score
After "lurking" on here for a few days, and pouring over numerous websites, I purchased all the basic equipment (I think) needed to make my first batch of kit wine. I'll try to set up my workspace over the day or so.

I purchased the " World Vineyard Collection" Chilean Malbec, for my first attempt, which is actually going to be made at a friends place. He's been making wine for some time now and has graciously offered to help get my first batch started. I'm hoping to start another batch at home, a couple of days later. That is, if I am a "good student" and actually learn something!

Also, I have purchased a "Artful Winemaker" from "The Vineyard" in Calgary, It makes only 12 bottles, and is really simple to use! I bought a "Merlot" wine kit (4-5 week). Really quite excited a out the whole thing!!.....just thought I'd share that!!!

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your first kit. I just started my first one a couple of days ago.

Also, I have purchased a "Artful Winemaker" from "The Vineyard" in Calgary, It makes only 12 bottles, and is really simple to use! I bought a "Merlot" wine kit (4-5 week). Really quite excited a out the whole thing!!.....just thought I'd share that!!!
Please let us know how this turns out. It's a bit more expensive than a regular kit ($60 for 12 bottles for the refill), but it would be ideal for some situations (apartment dwellings, one wine drinker houses). Unfortunately there are only 6 varieties currently available.

For those who want to know what this is...
http://www.artfulwinemaker.com/

Steve

Welcome! Just about all of us starting small with a kit or two......... Now it has taken over 3/4 of my basement! :) Carboys everywhere with the help of Craigslist!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Can't wait to "officially" get started, in a few more days. Need to sort out a workspace first! Been a while since I have gotten excited about anything, but I am excited about this winemaking! Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome. A kit wine is a great way to get started. I have been accumulating carboys and bottles for years and expanding my operation. Just scored 25 cases of clean de-labeled bottles from a guy on Craigslist for $3 a case. Keep your eyes peeled for these kind of deals. Carboys should be abundant too. Good luck with the kit!

Hey there, from Edmonton! Congrats on the kits! I'm in my 6th kit so far.. Good days and bad days.. Made a little better with a glass of wine made by your own 2 hands!!

welcome, i'm just about where you are too. i am grabbing some equipment later today and have some in the mail :h plus i got some frozen fruit yesterday so i can get started as soon as my mail arrives.

Latest posts

Back