WineXpert Vintner's Reserve Coastal White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desquared

Junior
Reaction score
Been doing beer for a while and I thought I'd give wine a try as well. Anyone have opinions about the Vinter's Reserve Coastal White? I've done the primary ferment, secondary ferment, and the first week of the fining, with bottling next week if I follow the kit instructions to the letter.

Should I do a bulk store for a while before bottling, and what kind of wine would be appropriate as a top-off if I need it? Some reviews on the retailer's sites were saying that this wine is similar to a White Burgandy.

Dave

If you have the space and don't need the carboy I'd let it bulk age a couple before bottling. This is the stage where you can also tweak it if you want. Oak, back sweeten, fruits, etc. Hard to do in the bottle.
You can also test it out every month or so and see how it's changing as it ages.

I am also starting to bottle about 4 375ml bottles so I can test it every few months without opening a full size one.

Not sure on the topping off.

Rob -

My initial plan was to do 24 full bottles and 12 splits assuming a full 6 gallon yield. That way I'd have some tasters and a chance for my wife and I to have 1 glass each on an occasional dinner. I'm going to get a second carboy so I can rack the wine this weekend off the lees and move it to the basement for a while and then I can plan what I want to ferment next.

Latest posts

Back