Mosti Mondiale Verdict on the Fresh Juice?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grilljockey

Junior
Reaction score
Not even sure if they are being offered again this year, but what is the verdict on the quality of the Fresh Juice pails from Mosti that have been offered in the past?

I didn't even know they offered them - may be a new product for George!

George has offered the Mosti Fresco product for as long as I've known him - I know there was some challenge with a frozen version of the juice last year so he'll have to state what the availability is this year.

- Jim

George has told me that the freighting issues (pickup from frozen
storage was delayed so the frozen juice defrosted/spoiled waiting on
the dock) created such a debacle, that Mosti didn't want to do that
again. George was exploring obtaining shipments of fresh grapes, but
the logistics of the quantities and transportation of the various
available types was overwhelming he said - especially when you need
pre-orders in place prior to the shipment.

Brehm's Vineyards may still be the closest we can get to fresh/frozen
juice through FVW for the immediate future. The Alljuice kits are
pretty good alternative, in my opinion.

Bart

I just found a local distributor here in MI that carries Mosti Mondiale fresh juice pails. I want to do a Barolo, and I'll post how that goes. Anyone else have experience with these pails?

Detroit - and totally on my way home (uh oh!)
smiley16.gif

http://www.californiawinegrapeco.com/Services

Their website was a little hard to navigate and not so helpful, but when I stopped by there today on my lunch I had a nice conversation with the owner's granddaughter. They stock wine that they've made from the juice in the back, so you can taste before you decide. I've been hearing about them for a while - they have a really solid reputation out this way and they place regular orders for both fresh juice (from a variety of places but Mosti Mondiale is one) and also grapes.

I think they are awesome.

I have a 2 yr Merlot that is great. Last year I did a Chardonnay and Zinfandel. This year a Barolo, Pinot Noir and a Pinot Grigio.

I get these from a LHBS near Albany, NY.

Great stuff!!

Jim

That's great to hear - I was wondering what the fresh juice would be like without the raisins/skins that they have in the full kits.

Latest posts

Back