use for old bucket lid gaskets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachi44089

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is already a known idea. I was about to throw away two old cracked primary lids when I noticed the rubber gasket in them. I pulled them out and hung them on the wall. I later found that they work great for holding a towel over my primary or to hold a straining cloth. I also use them with my DIY primary heater to hold the heating pad against the side of my primary.. They may have other uses too..

Great idea chach, I always wondered where you guys that use towels would find elastic bands to keep the towel out of your must!:r

They also work great to hold garbage can bags in the can to keep them from slipping down.

I see Home Chepot has the elastic bands for the big cans as I have 2 but never saw them for this size unless you can just dble loop them.

I sew, so I have various sizes of elastic that I have made into "rubber bands" of sorts to fit various sizes of fermentors. I make the straining bags too... they double as covers for the primary. I use the cheapest, see-thru fabric to make them out of... works great!

Debbie

I sew, so I have various sizes of elastic that I have made into "rubber bands" of sorts to fit various sizes of fermentors. I make the straining bags too... they double as covers for the primary. I use the cheapest, see-thru fabric to make them out of... works great!

Debbie

I know what Debbie is getting everyone on WineMakingTalk for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debbie

I know what Debbie is getting everyone on WineMakingTalk for Christmas.

Cheap see through underware held up by rubber bands?

Funny you should mention underwear...

The elastic I got from my Mom many years ago was from a factory... the top band of men's tighty whities!!

So, in effect... YES... underwear!

Debbie

Well,

Then you have to deal with hair and dust...

that is from the cats... what were YOU thinking??

Debbie

Latest posts

Back