suggestions on F-Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2tazmania

Reaction score
1. I got 3 gal of peach ready to be backsweetened. I bought two cans of peaches in heavy syrup to use as a F-Pack.

2. Also got 3 gal of boysenberry about ready for backsweetening and I bought some Welch's 100% concord grape juice to use for the F-Pack.

My question is "How would you backsweeten with these"? Boil with part of the wine or pour directly in and stir until desired S.G. is reached?

1. You should be able to just use the syrup, as it will already have the flavor from the peaches. (this syrup has alot of sugar)

2. Is this a can of concentrate? if so just thaw it and use it as is.

Just make sure that you have added your K-meta and Sorbate before adding either of these.

I would "simmer" the cans of peaches for a f-pac by 1/2. Make sure you it has finished and dry .990. Also make sure you added the proper amt of k-meta AND sorbate. Then add the simmered peaches. I would not backsweeten till near bottling. The f-pac will add sweetness.

Backsweetening is 2 parts sugar to 1 part water = simple syrup. Add to YOUR taste.

Latest posts

Back