Steve in Anatolia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esdubyajay

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been on here off and on for about a year. I've met a few kind folks that have responded to a thread I started for wine making the old-fashioned way last year. That was my first time attempting to make wine.

This is my second year to try my hand (and my luck) at making wine without using commercial products but sticking to the natural yeast, etc. I am not a purist, but that stuff is not readily available where I live and I just haven't decided that it was necessary to invest in it and have it shipped in.

Oh yeah, I am an American who lives in Turkey where I teach English. My interest in making wine is partly because I enjoy drinking it, and partly because I moved to a house that has lots of grapes, mostly red. Since they all have seeds, they aren't that much fun to eat, and I don't really eat that many grapes under normal circumstances anyway.

Glad to be here and learn from you guys.

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you progress. Here in North America, we are sort of spoiled; we can easily order in most anything. There in Turkey, you are having to improvise, like in the old days... and they made some pretty good wine in those days.

Latest posts

Back