Small gallon kits for Zin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score
Looking to make a 2 gallon batch of zinfandel wine. A full red, zin, not a white zin. I assume I will have to use a kit or are there other options I have?
Thanks.

Looking to make a 2 gallon batch of zinfandel wine. A full red, zin, not a white zin. I assume I will have to use a kit or are there other options I have?
Thanks.
Most kits make 6 US gallons (aka 23 litres).

Good luck finding something.

Steve

D.J.
I have never done a kit, and don't know how the ingredients come from the manufacturer. But, split a 6 gal. kit in thirds, ferment a third, freeze the other 2/3. Have them split up, tho so when you get done with the first one you can do another without thawing out the third. Then when the second one is done, do the last third. Arne.

DJ, you might give this a try. http://www.williamsbrewing.com/CALIFORNIA-ZINFANDEL-KIT-FOR-25-GALLONS-P3022C165.aspx I have never made the Zinfandel but I have made a lot of their Muscat (which incidentally, I blend with Zinfandel) and I have been very pleased. Read the reviews for this wine and for the 5 gallon Zinfandel kit (which is just two cans of concentrate rather than one in the 2.5 gallon kit). People seem to like it.

Good luck.

Thanks to all.

Arne,
You must be from Nebraska, you sure are smart. :)

Buy the kit listed above and rack down you'll be right at two gallons...

However - I'm not the biggest fan of the kit and feel it lacks serious body (hence my other post, asking how I could add to this wine)

One thing I must say I'm very impressed with is Joeswines suggestion of adding pomegranate juice to it, it really helped. In another month I'm going to add 32-64oz of juice and then re-taste.

Check www.homewinery.com also. They sell concentrates for 1 gallon batches but those must be ordered over the phone. Larger batch sizes are available online. Great concentrates at a reasonable price and realistic shipping.

Latest posts

Back