Silly but Interesting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaiart

Junior
Reaction score
Ok, so Jesus's first public miracle was turning water into wine right? What kind of wine did he make?

As someone who has been interested in the history of alcohol and wine, and who has a colleague who has done extensive research in this area, I would say it is likely that Jesus would have made date wine.

But it could of been grapes, vineyards are mentioned many times in the Bible, including methods for establishing a vineyard (Isaiah 5:1-2) and a description of the vines (Ezekiel 17:6-8).

Is there ever any mention of honey wine? What about figs?

Is there ever any mention of honey wine? What about figs?

Some say Mead or honey wine was one of the very first fermented drinks, this article gives a lot of info about the history of Mead. I think people back then were just like people now, ferment and try anything from figs to dandelions and everything in between.

History of Mead

There are those that claim that the wine Jesus made did not contain any alcohol.

I was told this by a member of a fundalmentalist church that believed that all alcohol is evil.

I dunno about that. How could they call it wine if it had no alcohol.

The bible does not say wine or beer is evil, bad or any other thing. What it says is not to drink to excess, be a drunkard, because that is a sin. And it actually refers to non fermented drink as well as fermented drink.

So, no a glass of wine or a beer is not a sin. Any person that actually studies the bible will see that.

The bible does not say wine or beer is evil, bad or any other thing. What it says is not to drink to excess, be a drunkard, because that is a sin. And it actually refers to non fermented drink as well as fermented drink.

So, no a glass of wine or a beer is not a sin. Any person that actually studies the bible will see that.

I agree with you, but I know of others that would not.

(we need to be careful here. when it comes to topics, religion and politics are big "no-nos")

TahunaJR said:
Skeeter Pee?????

Nah.....

Just to verify, I went back to the "How many gallons of Lon D's Skeeter Pee have been made?" thread and couldn't find an entry.

Disclaimer: I assumed it would be "in the beginning!"

The bible does not say wine or beer is evil, bad or any other thing. What it says is not to drink to excess, be a drunkard, because that is a sin.

Answer #2: Balls-o-fire! Then I is a sinner! ::

I've read the book. It is full of "don't drink wine" messages.

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." -- Galatians 5:21 (New Testament)

But then, as so often happens in the Bible, later you'll read it's OK. Depends on who's writing.

"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (New Testament)

"So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine." -- Proverbs 3:10 (Old Testament)

I like this one...

"And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard." -- Genesis 9:20 (Old Testament)

Now THAT was a loooong time ago!

Last edited:
Well if your happy:slp

Lol

I am happy and content, comfortable in my own skin and unafraid.:dg

I was going to quote Genesis 19:32 but it's a.) too racy for this forum, and b.) also a touchy subject when it comes to Middle Eastern race relations.

Which is why they always say never to discuss religion or politics. BTW, who did you vote for for president last time? :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back