SG Reading for Pinot Grigo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryMae

The Member
Reaction score
Fermenting WE kit, on day 6. SG is at 1.01 which instructions say to rack at that reading or less. I'm just curious,would you wait another day or go ahead and rack?

I fermented a WE Cab kit and the SG on day 5 was well below 1.01.

Fermenting WE kit, on day 6. SG is at 1.01 which instructions say to rack at that reading or less. I'm just curious,would you wait another day or go ahead and rack?

I fermented a WE Cab kit and the SG on day 5 was well below 1.01.

HenryMae,
Since you had to ask what to do I would suggest that you follow the kit instructions until you are more confident in what you are doing and more experienced.
Also, don't compare kits to each other. Just because one kit ferments to dry in a certain period of time doesn't mean all kits will follow the same course. There are too many variables that effect the fermentation.
Good Luck and enjoy wine making.

LOUMIK:gn

HenryMae,
Since you had to ask what to do I would suggest that you follow the kit instructions until you are more confident in what you are doing and more experienced.
LOUMIK:gn

I appreciate the response.
However, I would like to point out that you don't need to have such a cocky tone. All I asked for was an opinion...

Latest posts

Back