Cellar Craft SC Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broge5

Reaction score
Just pitched the yeast on this one today and I'm hoping A few people with experience will tell me this is a fairly low foaming kit. I wasn't paying much attention to the height in the bucket until I put that giant grape pack in there I don't have much room left. I hope I don't have a huge mess on my hands and a couple of days.

I don't have a larger fermenting bucket. Haven't needed one up to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am pretty sure the yeast was EC-1118

Yeah I noticed the same volume problem. None of my other skins kits got that full. I actually put it in a storage tote just in case and left the lid on loosely. I have to say I had no problems at all with the fermentation overflowing. Though I was a little more careful when pressing the skins twice a day. It's now sitting quietly in the basement aging.

Thanks guys for the input. I'm pretty excited about this kit based on the input from others. I've been wanting to do it for a while, but I decided to do some others first since this one is reported to need quite a bit of aging. I need something to drink in the meantime!

Borge5 this is an excellent kit. I opened a bottle for Valentines. My wife and I were both impressed. Looking over ny notes revealed an uneventful but lenghy fermentation. Took 9 days which is long for me. Enjoy.

Tony, you liked it at valentines day. When did you start it?

Tony, you liked it at valentines day. When did you start it?

Pitched Feb. 2012, Bottled Dec. 2012. I hope to leave it alone till December of this year. That will make it two years in bottle and almost three years old.

Wish I had your patience Tony. I drank my last bottle of 3 yo Showcase Amarone this last Christmas. OMG! It was like silk in my mouth. You will love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

wow, you guys are really patient and probably invest a lot in different kits in order to have a decent supply....:)

I cannot wait to make an Amarone and hope to age for only 9 months to a year.
The WE Selection with grape skins has been on the radar for some time now....

Amarone

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL IT WILL BE WITH THESE KITS IT'S IN THE DEGASSING STAGES, GO SLOW ,THERE'S NO RUSH.:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy

Wish I had your patience Tony. I drank my last bottle of 3 yo Showcase Amarone this last Christmas. OMG! It was like silk in my mouth. You will love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

I try real hard to not drink the Amarones till they have been in bottle 18 months to two years. Unfortunately we drink the other reds 10 - 12 months in bottle. By the time they are two years in bottle I only have a couple bottles left. I bulk age for 6 - 9 months prior to bottling so two years in bottle really hits a sweet spot. I start one kit per month but really need to do 15 kits per year to keep up with what my kids take and I give away. In short it's not about patience it's about production.

My SC Amarone is about 14 months now - only 7 bottles left - trying to save them but it is hard - it is damn good now. Gave away 10 bottles at Christmas .

Sorry missed read the date - 22 months now and 7 bottles left - doing better then I thought.

Last edited:
Back