Sample Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SP581

Reaction score
Hello there friends. It is my first time as a member of this site. I love all of the info I have gained from you all.

I started the wine making hobby this Jan and quickly became a wine making junkie!!!

Thanks to this site I had all of my questions and concerns answered.

I have completed two wine kits thus far and now have two more in primary. It is amazing all the gear you purchase and rooms you can fill with gear!!! I love it.

My Friends and Family enjoy the creations and I would like to give out small samples.

Does anyone know if there are small sample bottles made for trading or giving out samples of your creation? Something I could still cork with my #9 or #8 corks but still a small sample bottle.

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi SP581, welcome to the forum. One of our sponsors, Fine Vine Wines, sells both 187 ml and 375 ml. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but they would seem to me to be a nice sample size.

Another potential avenue is check with a local winery. They order by the pallet and often will sell you a a case or two above cost. Worked for me this weekend on our tour of southwestern wisconsin wineries. Got two cases of 375 ml bottles for $20. Once I got home I realized I should have bought 4 more!

Wow. You rock!! The 187ml is what I am looking for I think. I'll check that out.

Thanks for the quick reply and assistance.

Presque Isle Wine Cellars also sell the 187 and 375 botttles. You will have a hard time putting a #9 cork in the 187's.

Rocky, Fine Vine Wines is no longer a sponsor. They prefer to focus on the professional now instead of the home wine maker.

Dan, I did not know that. Is a "professional" winemaker and a "commercial" winemaker the same thing or is there another level between home winemakers and commercial winemakers? Sorry to see them go as a sponsor. They were always easy to deal with and were very helpful.

SP581 said:
Hello there friends. It is my first time as a member of this site. I love all of the info I have gained from you all.

I started the wine making hobby this Jan and quickly became a wine making junkie!!!

Thanks to this site I had all of my questions and concerns answered.

I have completed two wine kits thus far and now have two more in primary. It is amazing all the gear you purchase and rooms you can fill with gear!!! I love it.

My Friends and Family enjoy the creations and I would like to give out small samples.

Does anyone know if there are small sample bottles made for trading or giving out samples of your creation? Something I could still cork with my #9 or #8 corks but still a small sample bottle.

Thanks again for all the help.

You can also go the beer bottle route. Not quite as nice as a corked bottle, but they are easy to come by usually free.

I sure hope this means that George is still planning to sell to the home winemaker; I just ordered two kits from him.

It looks like the 187ml uses a #7 cork although I bet you could squeeze an #8 in there.

Dan, I did not know that. Is a "professional" winemaker and a "commercial" winemaker the same thing or is there another level between home winemakers and commercial winemakers? Sorry to see them go as a sponsor. They were always easy to deal with and were very helpful.

Rocky, the only thing that separates a professional from an amateur is that the pro gets paid. That's it, no more and no less. So yes, professional and commercial are the same thing. BTW, I hate those sample sizes. I just get a taster of what's in store for me, and the danged thing is empty!

Presque Isle Wine Cellars also sell the 187 and 375 botttles. You will have a hard time putting a #9 cork in the 187's.

Rocky, Fine Vine Wines is no longer a sponsor. They prefer to focus on the professional now instead of the home wine maker.

...........bummer, I will miss FVW! How's PIWC shipping costs to MD Dan?

That's a shame. The sponsors help keep this site open. And the FREE plugs and recommendations FVW gets from me and many others here is priceless. If someone can confirm that he withdrew his support I would like to email him and suggest FVW return to sponsorship. Unless he is fixin to launch another site with a "professional" emphasis.

Tony you can look at our vendor list. He has chosen not to be on it any longer. First he gave up his forum and now this. Don't get me wrong, George is a great guy and has a great shop. I think his business has taken a different focus and he is doing extremely well with it. I have no doubt Geaoge is "Balls to the wall" trying to keep up with what he's doing.

George is a nice guy and they have been great to help this newbie when I have a question or need advice. :r

Welcome to the Forum! I guess since I'm in Minnesota as well, we are fairly close just 360 miles south of you!

Yea, It's like we are neighbors in the forum world! If you want to try some Northern MN beginner kit wine...Come on up!!!

I see you listed what you have in secondary. I have an Island Mist Peach Apricot kit brewing as well. My wife picked it out. Hope it tastes good.

Thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back