WineXpert Riesling color

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelu Liber

Reaction score
I have a batch of Riesling that looks just like honey. I am due to bottle it. It istransparent but I was wondering if the amber color is normal.

Does anyone have any experience with Riesling?

I just bottled my first batch of wine ever and it was the Wine Expert Reisling. It was pretty dark in the carboy-like honey but looks much better in the bottle. I took a taste during bottling and it was the right taste just a little thin. I have high hopes for the bottles in a couple months Good Luck

wines will generally look darker in the carboy than in the bottle, More solids for the light to reflect off. Have you filter your wine ?

I have never needed to filter in the past. By how is sounds, it is probably just fine. I just thought I would ask since I wasn't sure and I have never made riesling before.

I filter all my whites and most of my reds. It just gives it that real clean sparkle that I like in my wines. My friends always remark how good and clear my wine is.
You can get a real inexpencive filter from George and try it. I am sure that you will want to do more with it.

Gelu Liber,

My Pinot Gregio kit is a darker color in the carboy than I'm used to seeing in the bottle. I believe Angell has the answer.

My Piesporter is the color of honey but really clear after 50 days of bulk aging. I hope to bottle this weekend, maybe I can get some pics if I remember.

definately darker in the carboy ..just finished a reisling and there is a big color diffrence in the glass compared to in the carboy..

Latest posts

Back