Growing Riesling on pergola structure

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko

Junior
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new in grape growing and I'm planing to create a small vineyard next year. Now it's time for grape type selection, formations and constructions, so my question is, do someone of you have experience with Growing Riesling on Pergola Trentina structure. Any info and advicess would be useful and will come in handy.

Thanks in advance,
Niko

Attachments

• pergola-doppia-trentina-struttura-vigneto.jpg
    pergola-doppia-trentina-struttura-vigneto.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I haven’t done a pergola for myself, church has several pergolas and yes it was easy to train grapes to take them over. If you want fruit, it is more work. Everything is on top of you. Picking and pruning from a ladder is OK. Spraying means you are under the chemical/ spraying yourself at the same time. It is a pretty way to do a pergola.

Thanks a lot for the shared information, @Rice_Guy , appreciate that!!!
What about the yield quality of the Riesling? Sugar, acidity and production from a singal vine?

Thanks,
Niko

the yield quality of the Riesling? Sugar, acidity and production from a single vine
an impression, the kilos yield is determined by the square meters of leaf area, there seems to be some variation with concord, lower clusters look more green, ( I don’t harvest at church) ?? is reisling an upward growing variety or a downward growth form?? Reisling doesn’t grow here

Latest posts

Back