Rhubarb Strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie

Reaction score
The rhubarb is just starting to be ready so started thinking about rhubarb pee. Rhubarb and strawberries go very well together so I might experiment - before I start .....

5-6 lbs rhubarb - cook down using some water. Cool and then add the 2 bottles of lemon juice (add some pectic enzyme?). Let sit for 24 hours and then rack the juice off of it. Add warm water to 5 gallons, add the sugar, tannin, nutrients, energizer and let sit another 24 hours. Add yeast and follow the rest of the basic recipe. When fermented to dry use 4 cans of strawberry breeze concentrate. Add additional sugar syrup if needed.

Suggestions?

I seem to have better flavor extraction from rhubarb when I freeze it first. I don't cook it down at all, just put it in the primary with the sugar and water and let the yeast go at it.

do you think 5-6 lbs would give it enough flavour? I would like the strawberry to really come out at the end and then have a bit of tanginess from the rhubarb.

Latest posts

Back