Regina California Grape juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed322 let me know how it turns out. I hope it starts for ya. I haven't had a problem doing it this way yet.

Ok been in primary for a little over a week. What should the SG reading be? Before racking.

Bchoate I added yeast to mine exactly 7 days ago and my fermentation is done. All 0.992 or lower. What S.G. are you getting?

I always try to rack around 1.01 unless you are malolactic fermenting your wine. Then rack at 1.02 (5 brix) and add the MLB.

Ok been in primary for a little over a week. What should the SG reading be? Before racking.

bchoate, that is hard to tell, some ferments are slow and some are pretty fast, depends on a variety of conditions. What you need to pay attention to is what the sg was when it first started and if the sg has gone down from that point. As long as your readings are getting lower you do not have anything to be concerned about.

That's what I thought I recalled from years ago, but just had to make sure. Lost all my books and logs in move . Thanx Julie

I'm sure I will. Lots of it are coming back to me. But the old brain sometimes needs a kick start.

I always try to rack around 1.01 unless you are malolactic fermenting your wine. Then rack at 1.02 (5 brix) and add the MLB.

What happens if lets say you miss the 1.02 and its already @ .992-.998? and you wanted to do MLB

Hello wine gents,

Just got 60 liters of Regina California Grape Juice (Cabrrnet Sovignon)this morning and the guys who sold it to me told me that the only thing I need to do is put the containers in a room that has a temp of about 22 Celsius nothing more ( no yeast, no stirring nothing). They said it should take about 30 days for it to ferment and then it's to go... Is it that easy??? This is my first time doing this...

Thanks!

I just bought 5 pails of Regina juice last week. After a day they had warmed up to about 65 degrees f in my 68 degree basement.
I added pectic enzime and yeast nutrient and stirred it in. The next day the temp was 69 degrees and i pitched the yeast. I used d-47 for the whites and rc-212 for the reds. Both yeast strains were very low foaming. Starting sg was 1.088 on all of the juices as received. I added additional yeast nutrient to the reds at 1/3 sugar depletion. All fermented to 1.10 in just 2 days. Transferred to carboys. Still fermenting.

Back