Regina California Grape juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchoate

Reaction score
Just bought 3 6 gal red grape juice for Merlot. Does any one know if this brand has the yeast added? The ingredients read Grape juice sulfur dioxide and possibly citric acid. What needs to be added to this? I have made several kits but this is my first with Regina California Grape juice. Any help appreciative

Few years ago i did a Pino grigio and only added oak. I didn't add any yeast.. I know this year I'm going to do a few Californias from regina and a barolo and an amarone 6g juice from Italy. Which I will oak heavy. I don't plan on adding any yeast. But hopefully we can get some pros to weigh in on this.

I always add yeast to my grape juice - Regina. Lalvin RC-212 would do the trick. Also add 3 tsp. yeast nutrient when you first open the pail and another 2-3 tsp when it is about half way done fermenting. Add the rehydrated yeast when the pail is around 68-70 degrees after the first addition of nutrient. Stir 1-2 times a day. May want to MLF then oak. Just suggestions. Have fun!

Thanks that's pretty much how I did it. Been probaby 4 Maybe 5 years since I made any wine. Its coming back to me now.

Check with where you have bought the bucket. I have bought Regina in the past and the yeast was added.

regina

:hug REGINA,is OUT OF CALIFORNIA,there part of the group of grape juice providers( bucket juice) that comes in here every season,already balanced out (acidity),ready to ferment,however, sometimes you can pick up the juice and its already fermenting,that's the wild yeast that we talk about having to kill and introduce our own type,there juice makes a tasty yet light in body wine ,and no aroma, there goes the problem.:mnylack of concentrates in the wine will do that.to much dilution and then being fermented out adds more deletion to the mix (all bucket wines have some amounts of concentrates in them)

Last edited:
So I am getting amarone and barolo 6g juice buckets should I k meta it then use yeast? If so what yeast should I use? I am not sure who makes it but its Italian juice.

Kashee201 usually the juice comes balanced already. I usually do not make any adjustments.

See I done that before but some are saying kill the yeast and add another.. I know when I get the amarone and barolo I don't want to ruin it.

See I done that before but some are saying kill the yeast and add another.. I know when I get the amarone and barolo I don't want to ruin it.

As stated above, juice buckets normally come balanced and yeast added. If you have done these buckets before and were happy with the end result, then if I was you, I would continue with doing them the way you have in the past.

AMARONE and BAROLO

Its just my opinion but are you able to get Italian juices were you purchase your Californians?:d or did I miss read the thread?

I am able to get California, Italian, and Canadian juice all in one place. And thanks Julie.

And yes where I bought mine I am able to pre order Italian juices also

I just started a batch of Regina merlot yesterday added my own yeast and have seen no activity at all. Is this normal of is there something I can do

bchoate said:
Mine started off rapidly. Did you use yeast nutrient?

No I mixed the yeast with warm water like directions said and stirred it in the juice

I used nutrient with mine. Maybe some one else with more experience will respond

Ed322 you may be at the end of the lag phase after pitching the yeast. Depending on the size (5 or 6 gallons) add 2 tsp or 3 tsp of yeast nutrient respectively. Stir at least once a day. Hopefully that should get things going. Add another 2 tsp or 3 tsp after fermentation has completed by 50%.

wineutopia said:
Ed322 you may be at the end of the lag phase after pitching the yeast. Depending on the size (5 or 6 gallons) add 2 tsp or 3 tsp of yeast nutrient respectively. Stir at least once a day. Hopefully that should get things going. Add another 2 tsp or 3 tsp after fermentation has completed by 50%.

Thanks ill try that

Latest posts

Back