Raspberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norske

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have searched this site for recipes on raspberry wine and plan on using the one in the recipe section. I have found one source for yeast recommendations. The yeast pairing chart recommends RC212. I'd like to hear from others who have made raspberry wine and see what anyone else can also recommend. I'd like to try several bench tests with different yeast recommendations.
Also interested if tannins should be used for raspberry wine and if so, what type and amount.
From what I have read on this site it sounds like an initial ph of 3.4 would be ok. Like to hear from others and their opinions.

try Cote De Blanc yeast it is supposed to keep aromatics. I have had good luck with it. Tannins are not necessary, I would worry about acid being to high.

Ive made Red Raspberry with K1V-1116 & RC212..

The 1116 is nice
The RC212 is too young to tell

Others worth trying: D-47, 71B-1122

Tannins can be used, but will require a longer length of time for the wine to come into balance (not a bad thing, if you're not in a hurry)

I'll be doing 1 gallon bench test with the recommendations.
Any other recommendations?

So far we have;

cotes de blancs
71B
D47
RC212
K1V-1116

I found another recipe where they used EC-1118. Adding it to the bench test list. Any others?

cotes de blancs
71B
D47
RC212
K1V-1116
EC-1118

71B Is not really necessary for rasp wine. 71B is good for malic fruits. I would warn against D47 on fruit wines, as our experience with it is that it tamps down the fruitiness and flavor. Montrachet is a good choice for rasp, too.

Be sure to use a standard recipe for this. Rasp needs the water dilution to bring the flavor forward.

I'm starting a batch of raspberry wine inspired by Luc's raspberry jam wine recipe. Primary difference is that instead of jam, the fruit source will be E.D. Smith's raspberry syrup.
I'm leaning towards either Cote des Blancs or K1V-1116. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Latest posts

Back