Raisin question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmony24

Reaction score
How much raisins would you put in a 6 gallon batch of wine? I would like to add to my cab Sauvignon, Malbec and Zinfendel.

Why not add grape skins, or grape skin packs, they are the correct varietal, they are not oxidated and will not impart as raisin taste to your wine.

Should I be able to order these online or get them from a local wine store?

Thanks a lot pumpkin man. I was looking at lugs of grapes in Pittsburgh. They were about $48 for #36.why are lugs of grapes more expensive than the juice when you don't have to do any of the work with the buckets?

Look at it this way, for $48.00 you can make 4 real nice grape skin packs, I destem and crush the grapes, then I put them in the large muslin bags used for making beer, once it is tied off, I place one in my juice bucket and start fermenting normally.
There is nothing quite like using the fresh grapes, plus, it is much more cost effective than buying a few grape skin packs.
On a side note, the "AllGrape" packs that M&M carries are just under 9 lbs of crushed grapes and juice.

Latest posts

Back