Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you and the family are all fine? That's the important thing.

Any significant damage to the house?
Yes, thanks for asking, we’re good, house is good too. Lots of debris to clean up, several loads of limbs, still have trees in the road to dodge around to get out of the neighborhood. Hopefully, the cutting crews will be around in the next day or two to clear debris ahead of the power company linemen. We have a small neighborhood, about 200 homes, half of the lines are down, 1/3 of the poles snapped like mine in the picture. Thankful for my natural gas whole house generator. Could be a while before we get power, even longer for cable / internet. The whole AT&T cellular network was down for about 24 hours, no communications at all. No stores, gas stations, traffic lights, street lights, nothing. Just the hum of a few generators in the neighborhood, it’s eerie.

I was going to recommend SatTV as you have no cable/wires that can get taken down by high winds or falling trees but then I realized how many times you probably have heavy downpours with heavy storm clouds which can cause signal outages frequently.

Looks like the house held up well and none of those tall tress toppled over on your roof!

Plus the cellar is all good!

Could be a while before we get power, even longer for cable / internet......

I was going to recommend SatTV as you have no cable/wires that can get taken down by high winds or falling trees but then I realized how many times you probably have heavy downpours with heavy storm clouds which can cause signal outages frequently.

Looks like the house held up well and none of those tall tress toppled over on your roof!

Plus the cellar is all good!
I’ve got SatTV up at the property in MS, and I like it. Occasional signal interruptions from weather are short lived and infrequent. Frankly, it’s what I’d prefer here and have had the technician out here, but they don’t have enough open sky to get a reliable signal.

Moments like
I’ve got SatTV up at the property in MS, and I like it. Occasional signal interruptions from weather are short lived and infrequent. Frankly, it’s what I’d prefer here and have had the technician out here, but they don’t have enough open sky to get a reliable signal.

Situations like this I think that having satellite internet may be a good thing to have, like StarLink, which may or may not be available in your area yet, but one tool in the arsenal.

Weather folks spent all night last night talking about Ida's remnant coming at us with 35-50 mph winds, heavy rains up to 5 inches, tress may fall, oh my god, Armageddon! Uh, yeah. Current map shows rain, max winds 10-15 mph. There is a rotation to the system but the biggest part that's south of us is moving east and there are clear skies not far to the west. Looking more like a rainy day, is all. They have already cut back rain chances for tonight and tomorrow is supposed to start cloudy and then be sunny. My place is the dot, and I work in Huntsville.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.24.53 AM.png

Glad to see the weather has left everyone safe, inconvenienced but safe. We're still enjoying a strong monsoon season here in the southwest (except for those traitors who skated of to some tropical paradise). We're expecting a pretty serious couple of days starting this afternoon and had a little preview last night. Couple of shots from the deck after dinner.
Lightning2-8-30-2021.jpgLightning3-8-30-2021.jpg

I wish we had some pool side service. This is strictly a "self service" resort. The fridge was stocked with assorted Firestone Walker IPA's but the supply seems to be dwindling rapidly as we try and stay hydrated in these horrific conditions......

1630452021960.png

You cropped out the umbrella drink...

I wish we had some pool side service. This is strictly a "self service" resort. The fridge was stocked with assorted Firestone Walker IPA's but the supply seems to be dwindling rapidly as we try and stay hydrated in these horrific conditions......

View attachment 78156

You flew all that way for self service? 🤣 Try not to have too much fun, kids.

Latest posts

Back