Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go again... It is that time of the year (Man, the years sure fly by fast when you're in your seventies!)... 24 pounds of Adams' peaches (peaches from Adams County, PA) ready to ripen...

Bill,

Just showed Adriana those pics and she asked me to tell you to save her a bottle of peach wine whenever it gets ready [emoji4]

Bill,

Just showed Adriana those pics and she asked me to tell you to save her a bottle of peach wine whenever it gets ready [emoji4]

Seems to me you need to plan a trip to March Farm! :h

"Pick Your Own Peaches from the picturesque Hill Top Orchard begins early August.
Check back again for specific starting dates & pricing. The 2017 crop looks great, so get ready to enjoy an experience that will be beautiful, serene & peachy keen!"

The F4U is just about the coolest plane every built. That is what I call EYE-CANDY!

I always liked the name the Japanese had for it... Whistling Death....

Paul, my boys would have loved to be there. I'll show my oldest (now owned by the Air Force) those images when he gets back on Sunday. He'll of course know what each one is, where I have to look some of them up!

Just for completeness, the pix are:

Installment #1
-Alon Aircoupe and a Lockheed Electra
-Beechcraft Staggerwing
-Boeing B-29 Superfortress (one of two still flying, both of which were at the show.)
-Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
-Rockwell B-1B Lancer (two photos)
-Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (I always liked this simple, honest jet. Plus, my dad worked on them for many years at VMA-131 in Willow Grove.)

Installment #2
-North American B-25 Mitchell (I lost count -- there were more than a dozen there. Also, Jimmy Doolittle's co-pilot was at the show, at 101 years old.)
-Chance Vought F4U Corsair. (Like JohnT, this was always a favorite of mine, even though one once tried to kill my father!)
-Supermarine Spitfire
-A row of North American P-51 Mustangs
-Two McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornets (of the Blue Angels, in this case)
-North American P-51C Mustang (This one was from the famed Tuskegee Airmen.)
-Bell P-39 Airacobra

Last edited:
Just for completeness, the pix are:

Installment #1
-Alon Aircoupe and a Lockheed Electra
-Beechcraft Staggerwing
-Boeing B-29 Superfortress (one of two still flying, both of which were at the show.)
-Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
-Rockwell B-1B Lancer (two photos)
-Dougless A-4 Skyhawk (I always liked this simple, honest jet. Plus, my dad worked on them for many years at VMA-131 in Willow Grove.)

Installment #2
-North American B-25 Mitchell (I lost count -- there were more than a dozen there. Also, Jimmy Doolitte's co-pilot was at the show, at 101 years old.)
-Chance Vought F4U Corsair. (Like JohnT, this was always a favorite of mine, even though one once tried to kill my father!)
-Supermarine Spitfire
-A row of North American P-51 Mustangs
-Two McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornets (of the Blue Angels, in this case)
-North American P-51C Mustang (This one was from the famed Tuskegee Airmen.)
-Bell P-39 Airacobra
Thank you Paul!

I'll use these as my "cliff notes" when quizzing my Son on Sunday.

The Corsair has always been my favorite as well. Don't know what it is - maybe the bend in the wing.

On vacation in NC and we came to Childress Vineyards, found this table and the chair really nice but too expensive. Wondering if this can be purchased somewhere else cheaper. You can see the barrel staves, very nice.

Table over $400 and each chair over $260 [emoji23][emoji23]

ImageUploadedByWine Making1501262921.909403.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1501262934.141322.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1501262955.651643.jpg

My "wife's" patio (the front porch and the grass backyard was good enough for me) about 2/3 complete...

Janet is keeping you out of trouble, that's for sure! At least it is supposed to be nice cool weather up there this weekend. I heard our low's are going to be in the 50's tonight, you might very well be in the uppper 40's. Very rare for the end of July.

BTW, looks like you are doing a great job...I have a walk out front I'm putting in, how many cases of wine for you to come down and put it in (food is free too)?

Janet is keeping you out of trouble, that's for sure! At least it is supposed to be nice cool weather up there this weekend. I heard our low's are going to be in the 50's tonight, you might very well be in the uppper 40's. Very rare for the end of July.

BTW, looks like you are doing a great job...I have a walk out front I'm putting in, how many cases of wine for you to come down and put it in (food is free too)?

I'm not doing the job. Sorry about giving that impression. Job is being done by a Hardscape contractor.

Was 52F this morning which kinda surprised me.

I'm not doing the job. Sorry about giving that impression. Job is being done by a Hardscape contractor.

Was 52F this morning which kinda surprised me.

Well, you can at least lean against a beer or your wine glass and look busy!

Just checked, your dew point is at 46*F, so you very well may hit the high 40's tonight. Curious to hear if my brother keeps the cabin windows open or not. He loves when it gets this cool but may get the wrath of my SIL if they stay open tonight.

That bear is surely eating pretty well. Nice balance of grain and poop in that image. Leave him/her out a bowl of red wine and see if you can get a nice color in that...plus it would be heart healthy!

Would have thunk it... A Black Bear Dietitian/Nutritionist expert on WMT! :h

Latest posts

Back