Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsoons are coming.........

19956962_1570415099696357_7029053060132091534_o.jpg

welcome to Heaven

Perhaps the most important photo ever taken. It is from an exposure that lasted from September 24, 2003 through January 16, 2004, and shows a field width of just 2.4 arcminutes, or about the diameter of a nickel at 20 yards. Every object, even every little feint dot is a galaxy, some 10,000 of them. The light from the farthest objects in this photo took 13 billion years to get to the telescope, longer than our own solar system has been in existence.

heaven.jpg

heic1411a_e37fd0d0136894dc4d9c52119c38132767aefb4c.jpg

Not these past two mornings but we've had low 50F readings earlier in the week here in north central PA.

BTW, how many of you guys knew that Naugahyde was named for Varis's home town Naugatuck? [No, there is no such animal named Nauga. A joke when Naugahyde was first produce.]

BTW, how many of you guys knew that Naugahyde was named for Varis's home town Naugatuck? [No, there is no such animal named Nauga. A joke when Naugahyde was first produce.]

I just made that joke to my wife yesterday!

No, I did not know that. Izzat really where it came from? Cool!

Been a fun few weeks ripping out bushes and working on the front porch. Really feel like my oldest Son and I made some progress today. Got the replacement posts in and started working on the railing/balusters. About quitting time watched some storms grow in our front yard. Nice they always do that and go pummel another community or two east of us. This one looks destined for @jgmann67 and my sisters house. Hope it doesn't get too strong. Those wispy clouds circulating at the top usually mean some hail is about to happen.

7-14-17_porch-1.JPG

7-14-17_porch-2.JPG

7-14-17_T-storm.JPG

After a men's breakfast we have every other week, went to Lowes to get some more balusters and a 1 x 4 piece of wood to use as a top rail. Wifey likes it so I need to get some more when I get one more 16 pack of balusters tomorrow. Neighbors nail gun and compressor sped the process up quite a bit. Now just a few root balls and two last bushes to remove, then I can get out the rototiller to convert the old bush bed into low maintenance grass. Kinda wish I didn't have to go to our Church's VBS this afternoon, but they are having one particular kid acting up and think for some reason I can calm him down. Maybe a beer or glass of wine will help him?

7-15-17_porch-1.JPG

7-15-17_porch-2.JPG

Latest posts

Back