Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I left Houston, TX for this........ LOL

13872735_532453093613674_426444301614133471_n.jpg

That is a breath-taking view.....

LOL So am I. San Antonio but moved to Houston for first job post UGS. Just never fell in love with Houston. Could be it's like living in a hot wet sauna for 9 months of the year, then its a cool wet sauna for 3 months of the year.

Do you get any snow where you are?

We're talking about possibly moving out of CT because of the snow and long winter, to north of Tampa, FL.

Kids and wife having 'second thoughts' due to the 'long' heat in FL but hoping is not as bad as it sounds for Houston...:ft

Varis, that photo is of a run...... at our local ski hill.... :)

We get about 60" of snow a year on average. The big difference is that the storm will come through for a day or two then its gone and you are left with SUN that melts it all away in town and it stays up in the mountains (where it belongs)!

Winters can be cold but they are sunny and the altitude makes it feel 10 degrees warmer than it actually is year round.

Do you get any snow where you are?

We're talking about possibly moving out of CT because of the snow and long winter, to north of Tampa, FL.

Kids and wife having 'second thoughts' due to the 'long' heat in FL but hoping is not as bad as it sounds for Houston...:ft

They have a fantastic zoo! Many wonderful memories of picnics, riding the train, lots of golf, paddle boats, Sunken Gardens all from Breckenridge Park in downtown SA.

Held a family reunion to celebrate my Mother in Law's 95th BD (Aug. 15 is actual BD). Posted is a picture of "Grammy" with a handful of her great grandchildren. I think she has about 20 great grand kids altogether.

The second photo, which I just looked for and found, shows the very same 9 great grand kids plus 3 others (upper left) from five years ago @ Grammy's 90th BD.

IMAG0242.jpg

AllPicsOffCamera 091.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice day for the first week of August. Normally you need a knife to cut a hole in the humidity. Dew point is dropping into the low 60's, with an expected low of 62*F tonight. Just plain gorgeous!

Didn't mind frying up batches of chicken fingers and fish. Just keep bringing me a beer and remind me to look up every now and then.

8-7-16_gorgeous-day.jpg

Latest posts

Back