PLease help me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you bottle it right after adding honey?

If so better release that cap quickly or you are likely to have an explosion from the fermentation.

That fountain you had before will seem like nothing compared to the exploding bottle.

yey, it's done. my milk wine. tasted it, the alcohol maybe 5-6 %. I just put in more honey so the alcohol lvl rise up. nvm, the alcohol is starting to kick in. it doesn't taste that strong but now i'm dzzlly, well, ioa dunkl.

@Hellnar,

You've put honey in the wine that is in a bottle. That means it's going to keep fermenting and will possibly blow up. At minimum it will be fizzy. It's a good thing you're using bottles with cages.

When I make wine that will be sweetened, I first put in potassium metabilsufite when the wine is fermented to around 0.090. Then potassium sorbate. Then add the sweeteners. Wait until the wine is clear and degassed, then bottle.

I'd save up for a hydrometer, because that will help you a ton in knowing the ABV and the wine's progress in fermentation.

If you find it cost-prohibitive to get a hydrometer, then I would suggest that you try recipes that tell you exactly how much sugar and everything else to use. Jack Keller's website has a million recipes: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/recipes.asp and they are alphabetical and searchable. These recipes will ensure that you make a good-sized batch of something you know for sure will turn out.

Experimentation is fun and a perfect way to learn about fermentation, but may not yield wine that tastes good to you. You may end up wasting your ingredients on something that won't taste the way you want.

Anyway, my two cents. Keep at it!!

Thank you for the recipe Heather. <3 <3. and i didn't cap it. I tasted the original product, it's only 5-6%. i put more honey in so that i can raise the alcohol lvl up.
Thank you all, <3

Thank you for the recipe Heather. <3 <3. and i didn't cap it. I tasted the original product, it's only 5-6%. i put more honey in so that i can raise the alcohol lvl up.
Thank you all, <3

So those bottles in the photos are not the milk wine? Cause if you add sugar(or Honey) and then bottle it with any sort of cap, fermentation is very likely to start again and blow the tops off or blow the bottles apart.

We're trying to save you the loss of your new wine and a mess to clean up as well.

a very intriguing ferment to be sure.

I might have a play with this idea and get back here if I figure anything out.

@Hellnar I suspect the curds and whey have separated the solid part has left the vessel via the airlock leaving the liquid part behind.

Last edited:
Hi Scooter, the single bottle picture is the milk wine. i put more honey in so that i can raise the abv up so that i can store longer.
@Phil, try it and you may regret it. :D cuz i don't know all the spices they put into it

Hi Scooter, the single bottle picture is the milk wine. i put more honey in so that i can raise the abv up so that i can store longer.

Ok Then if you added honey then bottled it with no K-meta or anything to stop fermentation - you are asking for a bottle that becomes a fountain when opened or it blows up on you before too long.

You need to let the fermentation complete before bottling.

HI Scooter. I'm not capping it for at least 3 more weeks cuz i'm planing to rack it again in 2 weeks and wait for 1 more week to see whether the bubbling still happen.

I understand Scooter's concern because the picture you posted shows 4 bottles that look like the lids are snapped down. If that's the case you have time bombs brewing. Just trying to save you a mess or worse. Good luck!

Yup Checked those photos again, the wire snap isn't locked down. Just didn't want to see a post with pictures of shattered bottles and wine splattered about the room.

Latest posts

Back