Original Skeeter Pee Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really more?

I thought adding too much can cause issues?

It says on the package purpose : to restart stuck fermentations.

Dead is dead - put on the paddles and kick the voltage.

But I never had a batch die on me. I don't know how much you got in already,but i think any extra will just drop out in the lees unless someone knows something special about this.

At least some should go in the yeast starter.

It says on the package purpose : to restart stuck fermentations.

Dead is dead - put on the paddles and kick the voltage.

But I never had a batch die on me. I don't know how much you got in already,but i think any extra will just drop out in the lees unless someone knows something special about this.

At least some should go in the yeast starter.

Made up a yeast starter, which got cooking quick.
Stirred in with tsp of energizer.

however my basement is now at 70, so hopefully this helps!

Made up a yeast starter, which got cooking quick.
Stirred in with tsp of energizer.

however my basement is now at 70, so hopefully this helps!

good luck.

Last edited:
SG in thurs 1.060
SG today is 1.050

It is still going slow , even with warming up to 70 & adding energizer/nutrient

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Elmer,
Did it finish yet?

SG Down to just about 1.000
I snapped the lid on and am bathing the carboy in some k-meta.

I will rack to carboy this weekend (anticipating it will be below 1.000), when I have the time.

I should be drinking a bottle within 2 weeks!

I was looking over the recipe and I noticed that lawn suggest we use Yeast that is still fermenting above 1.0 no I just finished making a batch of dragons blood I'm about to finish it but it's already below 1.0 although it's still showing signs of fermentation is bubbling is that going to be a problem?

Do u absolutely have to have a slurry to do skeeter pee? I have the red packs of montrachet and go fermentation plus and nutrients to get it going?

No you do not need a slurry. I have done two batches. Both times I just sprinkled the yeast on top and it took off within 24 hrs

Ok because all I have at the moment is the red packs of montrachet will that work?

I would say go for it. If it doesn't work you can try the 1118 later

Ok kool ill try and order some. The closest brew store is 3hrs and also another question for ya. I was at the grocery store and all the lemon juice has preservatives. Is there one with out or is there a process to get rid of it

I've used the realemon brand. Italian volcano and target store brand. They all worked fine

If you use the montrachet make sure you keep the nutrients in. Step feed them if you can. The lemon has a little tendency to get stinky on its own and the montrachet will try and add to it, but with nutrient it will work fine. Good luck with it, Arne.

I e nverted the sugar with about 1/3 lemon juice and filled carboy up to shoulder and let sit overnight till tonight with a paper towel. ( working on getting buckets) Also I started a starter with ferm k and go ferm and water with montrachet. And slowly over 24hrs added some of the must till the ratios was about 1:1 then pitched. But after about 14 hrs I checked the starter and the sg dropped something like 0.020. But no signs of fermentation except when I shook the starter a lot of fix and bubbles. Is that normal or should of there been a foam head on the starter. I got it sitting now in a dark room wrapped in sweatshirt. Its supposed to get cold tonight.

Faithful arne whats your input my kind sir?

Well I woke this morning about 12 hrs pitching the starter ( not a slurry) and its bubbling away like mad. Well I'm proud of my self thanks for all the help. Its only a one gallon batch. I'm gonna do some experimenting with raspberry and strawberry so when I get bigger c arboys I can make a big batch. So now ill give it more nutrient and the rest of the lemon at 1/3 sugar consumption.

Latest posts

Back