Mosti Mondiale Original All Juice question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CassieV

Reaction score
I just got an All juice Pinot Grigio that comes in the bucket. I was wondering if I could ferment it in the bucket it came in or do I need to use my primary?

Those are nice buckets (too good to through away) but they are a little on the small for a primary especially if you get a vigorous fermenter with lots of foam. I use them for racking into from a carboy, clean carboy, rack back. I also use two of them for a corkador.

ibglowin said:
Those are nice buckets (too good to through away) but they are a little on the small for a primary especially if you get a vigorous fermenter with lots of foam. I use them for racking into from a carboy, clean carboy, rack back. I also use two of them for a corkador.

I agree. You don't want to make a mess.

Mike, do you mean to tell me ALL your carboys are still full?
smiley23.gif

Warning, September is coming!!!

Is your last year's wines, which you made from fresh grapes, still in carboy?

I should not be talking, I only have about 4 empties right now out of about a dozen total. Two of those 4 are 3 gallon carboys.

No, I am starting to panic a bit though.
smiley36.gif

I bought 6 more Brutes for a total of 8 so I can do 800lbs and it should fill 8 Carboys. Right now I have 2 carboys ready to bottle, then 2 full from last years fresh grapes, still in carboy (they will need another 6-8 months before bottling, just like the big boys Cabs, plus I have 2 more carboys that need to go in the Vadai.

I may have to break my rule and pick up a couple more "boys".
smiley4.gif

When I get fresh juice I ferment in the bucket. BUT, just lay the lid on or drape a cloth over the bucket. Always keep something thats waterproof under and primary.

tepe said:
When I get fresh juice I ferment in the bucket. BUT, just lay the lid on or drape a cloth over the bucket. Always keep something thats waterproof under and primary.

Having seen several reports of the bottoms of fermentor buckets coming off, something waterproof underneath is not a bad idea.

DancerMan said:
tepe said:

Having seen several reports of the bottoms of fermentor buckets coming off, something waterproof underneath is not a bad idea.

Yea but thats all in the past. No problems now

Thanks for the tip. I'm sad to say this will be my last wine kit for a little while. My husband & I are expecting our 1st baby due Oct 15th. At least I'll have made 4 kits this year before she comes! It's let my other wines age since I haven't been able to drink any. Can't wait to see how they've all come along.

ibglowin said:
No, I am starting to panic a bit though.
smiley36.gif

I bought 6 more Brutes for a total of 8 so I can do 800lbs and it should fill 8 Carboys. Right now I have 2 carboys ready to bottle, then 2 full from last years fresh grapes, still in carboy (they will need another 6-8 months before bottling, just like the big boys Cabs, plus I have 2 more carboys that need to go in the Vadai.

I may have to break my rule and pick up a couple more "boys".
smiley4.gif

Mike that sounds Great!!! I am diving into fresh grape this year and plan on doing probably 7 to 8 36 pound lugs of 2 different types of grapes I'm thinking old vine zin from suisiun valleyand pinot noir possibly from russian river valley from M and M co in hartford ct they also get grapes from washington two mountain to be exact so i really have a decision to make soon but i should make about 15 gallons of each variety you should check out there web site in addition to fresh grape from california and washington they also have frozen must in the samevarietals and also get it straight from italy!!! and also from chile!!!! You might even if your interested get it shipped to you maybe not sure how that works but they have barolo and sangiovese from le marche and tuscany!!!www.juicegrape.com/ it's amazing what they offer!!!!

Congrats on the impending new addition to the family!
smiley32.gif

CassieV said:
Thanks for the tip. I'm sad to say this will be my last wine kit for a little while. My husband & I are expecting our 1st baby due Oct 15th. At least I'll have made 4 kits this year before she comes! It's let my other wines age since I haven't been able to drink any. Can't wait to see how they've all come along.

What's the cost on those puppies? I looked at them last year and they were crazy expensive! I am paying $0.75 lb for my fresh grapes which comes out to about $3 a bottle.

seagrape said:
Mike that sounds Great!!!  I am diving into fresh grape this year and plan on doing probably 7 to 8 36 pound lugs of 2 different types of grapes I'm thinking old vine zin from suisiun valley and pinot noir possibly from russian river valley from M and M co in hartford ct they also get grapes from washington two mountain to be exact so i really have a decision to make soon but i should make about 15 gallons of each variety you should check out there web site in addition to fresh grape from california and washington they also have frozen must in the same varietals and also get it straight from italy!!! and also from chile!!!!  You might even if your interested get it shipped to you maybe not sure how that works but they have barolo and sangiovese from le marche and tuscany!!! www.juicegrape.com/ it's amazing what they offer!!!!&lt;SPAN ="gl">&lt;/SPAN></font>

Yeah that's really cheap but it's all relative i guess. I am on the East Coast and just having the ability to source freshgrapes from Napa, Russian River valley, Washington and frozen must is really exciting Oh the price works out to roughly 6.00 a bottle for frozen must from chile, BTW the fresh grape is even cheaper 7.00 dollarsa bottle from frozen must from Italy but that's Le Marche Sangiovese! which Yeah you get what you pay for i guess
smiley36.gif
But honestly the only out of site pricing seems to be from places like Beckstoffer inNapaCalifornia but need i say more. The fresh grape can run from 30.00 dollars a lug of 36lbs on up depending onwhatvinyard and location so a little under a dollar a pound on upbutI truly believe to make great wine you need great grapes so i guess it's time to test that theory. I guess i hope to be making less fantastic wine than more wine that is well just good. Not sure if it will work out that way but i hope it does. Boy would really like to try the frozen must from italy!!! That would be a real treat
smiley36.gif

Where are you from?
I'm in NJ and can get fresh juice and grapes from CA, Italy and Chile at good pricing. Less than $3 a bottle

tepe said:
Where are you from?
I'm in NJ and can get fresh juice and grapes from CA, Italy and Chile at good pricing. Less than $3 a bottle

Fairfiled CT

There is a place in Norwalk that sells and M&amp;M in Hartford that sells juice CHEAP.

Ask Wade as he lives in CT.

I am sold on wine from fresh grape process as I bought my own press and crusher de-stemmer last month. I have seen my own 1st attempt go from tasting like green twigs and seeds to just short of amazing in less than 12 months.There is so much tannin in the fresh grape wine that it has to have 18mo bulk age plus ~6 months bottle time before it is really approachable and drinkable.

I have enough red kit wine on the shelfs to keep me in going until the fresh grape wine is aged to perfection.

I will probably keep making top end white kit wines as there is no difference really between fresh and kit. No need for skins in other words.

Fresh is the way to go for the reds but I have to admit I want to check out any fresh product from Washington State!

That sounds great! Hopefully if you make something fresh from washington before i do would love to hear the outcome cannot imagine it would not be fantastic IMHO!!! Also agreed on the whites and kits as i too will probably do the same!!

tepe said:
There is a place in Norwalk that sells and M&amp;M in Hartford that sells juice CHEAP.

Ask Wade as he lives in CT.

Thanks M&amp;M was where i was talking about i will have to look into norwalk but M&amp;M is literally the size of a stop and shop!!!! and nothing but grapes and juices and frozen must however a lot of there frozen must is kept offsite from my understanding but an amazing place
smiley4.gif

CassieV said:
My husband &amp; I are expecting our 1st baby due Oct 15th.
Congrats, mu son and daughter-in-law are due Oct 23.

Latest posts

Back