Oldest LA Bodega kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marino

Reaction score
Hi --
I'm wondering if any of you have got wine from a LaBodega kit that had made it past 2-3 years. I've made two batches this year and am hoping to get it to 5-7 years at least. I'd like to see it get to a tawny style by barrel ageing it.

What's the oldest port kit you've got?

I made a double batch back in mid November of 2010 so its 4 years old now. I still have about 15 (split) bottles left. We drank a couple at Xmas with friends and it is still fantastic.

DSC03157.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great! Did you let it see any barrel time? How long? I'll prob lose a lot to evaporation,...

Funny, mine have been in new American 10L for 6 months and 4 months respectively, and don't seem the least bit bothered by it. I don't know what that is. The good thing is that the f pac taste is disappearing slowly..

Mike, that bottle looks really nice, is it a dark blue color on the label and shrink cap?

I have La Bodega waiting on deck until I empty the 3gal carboy and bottle my WE Raspberry Chocolate.
I think I will start it end of this month and move the WE maybe to 1gal jugs.

Latest posts

Back