My winemaking re-boot with question about cab kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryNC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've been away from winemaking and the forum for a few years (because, life) but I'd like to get back into it by starting with a 1 gallon kit of cabernet sauvignon. I've been looking at kits and find 1 gal kits from Fontana, and WineXpert. I was hoping to get a Master Vintners kit but I can only find 6 gal kits.

Just wondering, does anyone have recommendations for 1 gal kit brands, and where to buy, keeping in mind that I've forgotten everything I previously knew about winemaking?

Welcome back to winemaking!

I have only done a couple of the WinExpert 1 gallon kits, early in my winemaking journey. They turned out fine, or at least the people I gave them to didn't complain to me. 😁

Hi Gary. Seems like I remember your name from way back when. Course the memory isfoggy. Good to see ya again, Arne.

I have never done 1 gallon kits, but my vote is for wine expert. You can make a VERY drinkable wine from their kits. If you are comfortable changing up the yeast it can really bring out the characteristics of the varietal and make it that much better. Hands down the most significant and simple thing I have done to make a kit shine.

Latest posts

Back