Other Ok to top off Chardonnay with Rose?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winegirl

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on doing that? Would the pale pink of the rose affect the gold colour of the Chardonnay a lot? I have a moscato, similar in colour, but it was back sweetened and the Chardonnay is dry and I didn't want to add the sorbate to it where it isn't being sweetened. I'd be afraid of referment by adding the moscato.

Well ya got a few different options You could just go buy a bottle of cheap chardonnay or add marbles to carboy I rather add the marbles so not to change the taste of the wine depends on how much space your talking about. Some people use water also because most kits account for topping off but then again it depends on how much your talking about...Or go to a smaller carboy and a gallon jug. hope this helps in some way

I wouldn't do it. Get a cheap bottle of commercial chard and be done with it. How much do you think you need?

Adding rose' will most definitely affect the color of your chard. The flavor in a rose' will (IMHO) also affect the chardonnay in a negative way.

I agree with the others. Get some commercial chardonnay and top off with that.

I'm hoping one bottle will do the trick, a cheap bottle here will likely be about $10.00. I haven't been to the liquor store in a very long time, so that's what I'm figuring. Glad I didn't jump the gun and add the rose. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my A3-A10 using Wine Making mobile app

Back