Now I've Done it! The pressure is on!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich,

I have no doubt that the wines will come out excellent. Glad to see the motor worked on your C/D. This sounds like alot of fun, enjoy the experience!

Jeff

Rich, very good, I'm glad they helped out. I was wondering....on most of the motorized C/D's there is an auger in the hopper in addition to the paddles wherethe manual ones just have the paddles. Was there any problem with moving the grapes to the crushing rollers at themotor speed?

OK here are some pictures but I don't have a lot of time for narrative so.

Truck of grapes
20091004_135250_100_5459_Medium.jpg

LaCrescent grapes
20091004_135310_100_5458_Medium.jpg

Grapes in the hopper
20091004_135330_100_5460_Medium.jpg

Crusher Destemmer
20091004_135404_100_5461_Medium.jpg

In the press
20091004_135439_100_5462_Medium.jpg

LaCrescent must
20091004_135503_100_5465_Medium.jpg

Prairie Star
20091004_135537_100_5466_Medium.jpg

St Croix
20091004_135559_100_5464_Medium.jpg

I also did Sabrevois and St. Pepin but didn't ake pictures of them.

The End.

WOW! Very impressive. No wonder you thought my uncle's half-bushel gift of Concord grapes wasn't very many.
smiley36.gif
I hope these all turn out beautifully - the must looks great.
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif

Looks great Rich, make some knockout wines and show those lab boys what they are missing.

BOB

Rich

You WILL do it!!!!! With all of us behind you the 'lab boys' do not have a chance. Experience - experience - experience!!!.

Have fun and keep us up to date

rrawhide

I know the folks at Geneva do a great job making the wines having to do hundreds of batches every year to compare varieties and so forth. I want to show what these grapes we are growing are capable of doing at their best expressing their own individual characteristics.

With any luck some of them may end up in a photo op like this one from this year's Wimemaker Competition.

20091007_070247_100_5480_Medium.jpg

Thats a pretty sight, next time but the 2 darks in the center though!
smiley36.gif
You always like to hang me on my picture presentations!

great job Rick

C - O - N - G - R - A - T - U - L - A - T - I - O - N - S

RRAWHIDE

Impressive bud ! Now I'm really lookin forward to the move to your part of the country. I'll have to stop by for a taste of the results...lol

Pete

Paubin, believe me, you will not be disappointed. I really enjoyed my short visit with Rich and Cindy!!

I’m still working with the wines from my own grapes and have a couple hundred gallons to press.I will finish up the Willsboro primary ferments soon-eight down two to go. Overall I think they have a lot of potential this year in spite of low brix and high acids because of the bad weather. The aromas and tastes are superb.. I pressed the Frontenac today – it has plenty offruity character but a bit of herbaceousness– oh well. I alsopressed the <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Marquette</st1:place></st1:City>. It had ripened quite well in spite of fairly low sugars (about 22-23 brix). I let some run into a small glass, stuck my nose up to it and it was almost blown off by black cherry aromas - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! And taste – plenty of black cherry and a touch of Pinot Noir earthiness. Now this is what we all have hopes for with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Marquette</st1:place></st1:City>. I’m hoping I don’t screw it up, because this is good stuff!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

appleman said:
<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:city>
I’m hoping I don’t screw it up, because this is good stuff!</span></font>

Rich, I'm sure with your expertise and experience, screwing it up isn't going to happen........... I'm sure the term "screwing it up" isn't in you vocabulary when it comes to wine making.

I don't get on the board as often as I'd like to anymore but when I do I check back in on this thread to see how it's progressing.............
smiley19.gif
No updated pictures...........

And the description of the wine made my mouth water.

Back